x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Perfect?? screen protectors

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 2:58 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I've been hunting for a good screen protector material for a long time and I've not seen anything posted recently regarding the same.

Now, I say perfect with a question mark because the material looks promising. While visiting my ex she showed me a freebie she recently got in the mail. I immediately saw the potential for hpcs. Sure enough, the samples stuck right to the 720 screen. I did some quick clicking and dragging and they stayed in place. I don't know how well they will stand up long term but I'm sure a thicker material could be ordered.

My dt is flaky and I can't access the site from my hpcs. So here's the link and someone can do a little more research.

http://clingz.com

Let us all know what you find.
 Top of the page
haho Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 5:27 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I took an OH-writing film (not the ones you use in Xerox machines but the softer ones which would melt in a Xerox and make your secretary really really irritated) and cut it to fit my j720 precisly. On the far right side, where one usually not uses the pointer, I cut the film somewhat wavelike to make it easier to change the film. It has been working very well for some weeks now.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 7:06 AM
#
H/PC Elder

does it self-stick with static or did you cut it to fit under the screen edges? How is the durability? Does it mark up easily or take a long while before needing a new one/
 Top of the page
haho Page Icon Posted 2006-01-31 7:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

No self-stick or static. The film is cut to fit somewhat under the upper, lower and left edge of the screen. The durability....well... depending on the light conditions scratches can be seen, but they doesn't bother me much. I use this j720 about 1 hour a day and I often use my fingernails to tap on the screen. I would guess that the film will last this year. Anyway, when visibility is becoming a problem it's only a 10 min job to cut a new screen protector.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-01-31 10:52 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I'm using the Expansys screen protectors for the J-720. I can't recommend them, though. While they fit perfectly, they scratch easily. Solitaire is a no-no, and even basic dragging and dropping leaves marks.

The best I ever found were the Write Rights for the Newton that I cut down for my old Sharp Zaurus and then my 720. Very durable, though a little more obscuring than expansys's. Write Right--Concept Kitchen--is out of business, I think.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9