x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 3:08 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Has anyone thought this through before?

The 720 cradle is USB as we know. Where is the serial->usb conversion circuit? In the cradle? Has anyone mapped the function of the cradle pins on the bottom of the 720? Do they provide a serial or usb type signal.?

Has anyone opened the cradle and looked up the chips?

So, if there are no usb or usb->serial support chips in the cradle that leaves only one place for them. Somewhere in the 720.

I've wondered about the screwy connector on the 720 back. Has it been mapped?

It's late and I'm too tired to google but I had to pen these thoughts before they faded away

n/m. I googled and found some interesting stuff. I started a new thread in hardware.

Edited by wallythacker 2006-01-27 3:31 AM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 4:29 PM
#
H/PC Elder

OK what exactly did you find?

I don't think there is any conversion involved. The USB and Serial are two seperate connections. They are both present on the cradle, altho there is a switch to open one of them at a time.

The "screwy connector" is the serial port. It is used for both the serial sync cable and the external keyboard. It is also blocked when you put the unit into its cradle.

TBH I wasn't sure what you were thinking and what changed your mind. Would like to help tho
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

http://repair4pda.org

Chock full of good info, pinouts and whatnot.

I guess I was thinking that if USB was accessible through the bottomside 720 connectors there might be a way to rig us usb slaving without needing the cradle, or following the connections to the inside of the 720 and mounting a usb port in place of the serial connecter.

btw, what switch are you referring to? n/m, I see it. I never realized it was there, lol
I've only synched my 720 once over the wire, then it's all over wifi.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11