x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Backup Battery Problems

wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 9:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I recently purchased 2 Jornada 720's on ebay-with both-the backup battery low or missing pops up every 5 minutes or so. On the one, I merely tightened the set screw and slightly bent the retainer down and have had no further problems. On the other-the screw doesn't seem to tighten as well and I still get the warnings. The battery is brand new and tested with a full charge.
Suggestions?
The pop-up message and icon are irritating-has anyone disabled the message and pop-up or is it even possible by editing the registry and if so how
I'm not convinced that the benefit of the backup battery is worth the irritating messages. I had a 680 for 5 years-and am used to little irritations like that silly little grey retainer bar on the PCMCIA slot that always fell out.

Thanks
wildbill
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-01-31 12:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex:

Sorry this, or a similar thread was covered last year. When I did a search before posting the prior threads didn't come up. Anyway, last night I reviewed all past postings and solved my problem by slightly adjusting the terminal under the backup battery and re-bending the battery retaining clip-holder so it has a tighter fit over the backup battery.
Backup battery now registers as "good"
Thank-you
wildbill
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 9:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey no problem policy is that it is better to start a new thread than reviving a very old one (oh that may be confusing - it is for me, on another forum the admins prefer it if the new user continues an old thread on the same topic rather than opening a new thread )

glad that you solved the problems so easily!
 Top of the page
aitchsee
aitchsee Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 12:28 PM
#
I have a similar sort of problem but mine is with a J820 and I get the low back-up battery warning every time I turn the unit on. However, it goes away after a few seconds and then the battery meter shows as good. Is this a problem? I've been ignoring it and can go on doing so but would be good to know if I should be doing something about it!

thanks
-H
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 4:54 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

aitchsee:

I don't know if this is a problem or not-I have 2 J720's-backup battery shows as good on both immediately after turn on. I know that on a reset there is a period of time that the backup battery status in control panel shows no status whatsoever. I'm assuming the backup battery on the J820 is secured in a similar fashion as the J720. The retaining clip and screw may need to be tightened slightly-I would think your problem is minor if the battery indicator in control panel eventually shows as "good".

wildbill
 Top of the page
aitchsee
aitchsee Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 12:54 PM
#
thanks for the reassurance, bill The backup batteries on the J820 are in a kind "drawer" that slides in, I can't really see anything I could alter to get a more secure contact so I think I'll just believe the battery level meter after the first few seconds

thanks again,
-H
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 12