x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

quake online

1 2
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 11:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm pretty sure you're right, at least based on the sites where I've seen them.
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 12:02 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

if there are no objections then 1:00 eastern friday and saturday it is I hope the servers are still up. but a little hope of mine is if quake's copy rite were to expire then the .pak files would be free.
Link

PS:sorry about the time zone mistake . I blame lack of sleep for recent errors. and also can't warfare inc. be played online? maybe that should be our next discussion.

Edited by Link 2006-02-10 12:05 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 9:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I can't sign in then, as I don't have it. Have fun though.
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 9:49 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

actually i dont think the server is up. could someone check on that?and if it isnt set up a new one?
Link
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 10:33 AM
#
There are open source (GPL) data files made by 3rd parties. We should check them out...

Also, does Quake run on MIPS HPC/Pro?
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 5:06 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

as far as I have seen (being the owner of a mobilepro 780) it does not. and even if it did it would be so slow it would hardly be worth it. It runs slow enough on the j720 as it is.
Link
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-04-30 10:46 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ok i have resurfaced this thread because i am going to try to comit myself to creating a consistant warfare incorporated online game server every week @ 192.168.2.3 , i will be taking requests all week this week and then will activate a server sometime friday the 5th of may and every friday i can, following (time pending on plans, should have definite time before friday) and i am working on a quake server, i just need to figure out the consistency of the tcp/ip adress and how to find out what it is.
Link
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-04-30 10:47 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ok i have resurfaced this thread because i am going to try to comit myself to creating a consistant warfare incorporated online game server every week @ 192.168.2.3 , i will be taking requests all week this week and then will activate a server sometime friday the 5th of may and every friday i can, following (time pending on plans, should have definite time before friday) and i am working on a quake server, i just need to figure out the consistency of the tcp/ip adress and how to find out what it is.
Link
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 12:05 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Link - 2006-04-30 10:47 PM
ok i have resurfaced this thread because i am going to try to comit myself to creating a consistant warfare incorporated online game server every week @ 192.168.2.3
Link

*points to IANA special-use IP block documentation*

You'll need to find out your real IP address to do this.
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 12:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Oops, double post.

Edited by btrimmer 2006-05-01 12:09 AM
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 12:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

?????????? lamens terms please
Link
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Sorry.

All IP addresses in the 192.168.x.y range are IANA reserved addresses for "private network use". They are to be flagged as unroutable addresses ('bogon' addresses) by ISPs.

Translation: These are not valid IP addresses outside your local area network. Somewhere, you have a real, routable IP address (probably assigned to your DSL or Cable modem) and the router for your local network (probably also the DSL or Cable modem) assigns a private use address to your computer.

What happens when you access the Internet is that the request gets sent to your local router. The router then passes requests from your computer to the Internet, first translating the private IP in to a public IP, and returns the results to your computer. This is a common method of sharing a single connection with multple computers, called Network Address Translation (or NAT). (It is often used with single computer 'networks' as well.)

The advantage of NAT is that people 'outside' your local network can't see anthing other than the gateway (the device that has the real IP address) and thus can't gain access to your computers remotely. This is also the problem when you *want* people to do this, like when you host a game server.

You'll need to know this real IP address to host a game server of any kind. You'll probably also need to do something with the router to make the host computer visible to the rest of the Internet (sometimes called 'DMZ' settings or other things).
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10