x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Questions about Pocket Acrobat 2.0

Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 11:49 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have a few questions about PA 2.0 - Any help with these would be greatly appreciated.

1. Since 'tap and hold' does not work on H/PC's....how do you get to the View Menu?

2. Is there a way to get the Find Function to work...only the bottom corner of the input box appears on my screen?

3. When I try to custimize the Toolbar, nothing happens......does this function not work?

4. How do I get to the Dynamic Zoom Tool, the one that allows you to draw a box on the screen to zoom into a specific area of the document?

5. Are there any keyboard short cuts that can be used with this software?

Edited by Hurricane John 2006-01-28 11:51 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 12:38 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hurricane John - 2006-01-28 9:49 PM

1. Since 'tap and hold' does not work on H/PC's....how do you get to the View Menu?

Did you try 'right tapping' [alt+tap]?
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 12:55 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hurricane John - 2006-01-28 11:49 PM

2. Is there a way to get the Find Function to work...only the bottom corner of the input box appears on my screen?

I think my winwatch utility will solve that....
download it at http://www.damnsoft.org
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 10:04 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

1. tap and hold DOES work on hpc's in ppc programs. (and cenet 4.2 has native support for tap and hold )

2. winwatch yeah but it works even without winwatch with version 2.0 (i mean acrobat version here).

no idea about the others, i never tried them global zoom is fine for me... the bsquare can do this dynamic zoom thing, for me it's useless that's why i never tried that. but i can look at it if you'd like it..
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 10:11 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

tenjeangosi - 2006-01-29 12:38 AM

Hurricane John - 2006-01-28 9:49 PM

Did you try 'right tapping' [alt+tap]?

Nope - doesn't work!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 10:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hurricane John - 2006-01-29 4:49 AM

3. When I try to custimize the Toolbar, nothing happens......does this function not work?
4. How do I get to the Dynamic Zoom Tool, the one that allows you to draw a box on the screen to zoom into a specific area of the document?
2. WinWatch for certain
3. WinWatch; it is being drawn elsewhere

5. CTRL + I toggles between views
CTRL + E brings up help

CTRL + K pages up
CTRL + L pages down
CTRL + A pages to the document end
CTRL + D pages to the beginning of the document
CTRL + M pages down a screen height's worth
CTRL + SHIFT + M pages up a screen height worth
CTRL + Brings up the hide menu
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 10:27 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2006-01-29 10:04 AM

1. tap and hold DOES work on hpc's in ppc programs. (and cenet 4.2 has native support for tap and hold )

Don't know what you are using, but Tap and Hold doesn't work in PA 2.0 on the HP 720 or MP 900.

2. winwatch yeah but it works even without winwatch with version 2.0 (i mean acrobat version here).

Once again, I haven't tried it with Winwatch, but I can assure you that the Find Box only fits partial on my 720's screen without running some other software to correct the problem.

It might be a good idea to start a list of what functions are lost when running Pocket Acrobat 2.0 (a program written for PPC's) on a Handheld PC? I would guess that because it's free....nobody cares about the missing functionality?
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 10:33 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2006-01-29 10:20 AM

2. WinWatch for certain

CTRL + E brings up help

CTRL + K pages up
CTRL + L pages down

Chris

Thank you !!! I looked for shortcuts in the manual but I didn't see any....I must not have looked close enough.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 10:34 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

ShadowMaster - 2006-01-29 12:55 AM

Hurricane John - 2006-01-28 11:49 PM

I think my winwatch utility will solve that....
download it at http://www.damnsoft.org

Thanks ShadowMaster! I will certainly give it a try.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 10:46 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hurricane John - 2006-01-29 3:33 PM

C:Amie - 2006-01-29 10:20 AM

2. WinWatch for certain

CTRL + E brings up help

CTRL + K pages up
CTRL + L pages down

Chris

Thank you !!! I looked for shortcuts in the manual but I didn't see any....I must not have looked close enough.
I didn't look in the book of words, just a process of trial and error. So there are probably a few more that I've missed. You can also CTRL + Shift most of them to perform the inverse action.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 11:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-01-29 4:20 PM

CTRL + E brings up help

CTRL + K pages up
CTRL + L pages down

wow. thanks. i think i'll use alot of these shortcuts

"CTRL + Brings up the hide menu" CTRL + what?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 11:18 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Hurricane John - 2006-01-29 4:27 PM

Don't know what you are using, but Tap and Hold doesn't work in PA 2.0 on the HP 720 or MP 900.

Once again, I haven't tried it with Winwatch, but I can assure you that the Find Box only fits partial on my 720's screen without running some other software to correct the problem.

It might be a good idea to start a list of what functions are lost when running Pocket Acrobat 2.0 (a program written for PPC's) on a Handheld PC? I would guess that because it's free....nobody cares about the missing functionality?

j728, mp900c, sig3, intermec 6651, etc.

you're right, tap and hold doesnt work perfectly in acrobat reader because sometimes it gets activated when i dont want it to and it's not a real tap+hold somehow, i think you don't have to hold the stylus for long before the menu pops up - and thats the problem sometimes! sometimes it's a little random for me but it works. (or maybe i misunderstood your question)

without winwatch you certainly cannot see the whole find box but it is usable. i really recommend winwatch, amazing soft, and helps a LOT on cenet 4.2 when the menus pop up only in a very small square box. (it is some problem specifically with 4.2, cenet 4.1 doesn't produce this... a different aygshell doesn't help, must be coredll or similar. i'll experiment)

hm it's freeware but it has the functionality i need. for others maybe it's not true. what i need is: a pdf reader that is fully compatible even with complex pdf's and zooming (global). and maybe speed, the cenet pdf viewer is better at that but it's not compatible with many pdfs acrobat reader is still speedy enough for me to study my university pdf's on a hpc (though xscale has some advantage here).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 11:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

LOL

CTRL + B Brings
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 7:35 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

In regards to this shortcut...

"CTRL + E brings up help"

Chris

Is the help file included with the install? When I tried this shortcut, I'm asked to locate the help file......are we talking about the User Manual in PDF format or is there actually a help file somewhere?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 10:07 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That is the conclusion that I came to. The find dialogue is looking for as pdf.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10