x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem with modem on Mobilon HC-4500 PLEASE HELP

GF
GF Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 12:28 PM
#
HI

Iam from Czech Republic (europe) and that modem doesn't work in europe What can i do with it??? Always when i try to connect i get this error: No carrier detected! Please check phone number an try again. Please HELP!!!

I have Sharp Mobilon HC-4600

Thx for helP
GF
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 1:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

GF - 2006-01-29 5:28 PM

HI

Iam from Czech Republic (europe) and that modem doesn't work in europe What can i do with it??? Always when i try to connect i get this error: No carrier detected! Please check phone number an try again. Please HELP!!!

I have Sharp Mobilon HC-4600

Thx for helP
GF
Greetings. I have dialled up from the Czech republic a few tiems before. It is maily down to the differing Dial-tone system that you have compared with UK/USA. The quickest way to get it to connect is to get it to wait a couple of seconds and then just dial the number, rather than waiting for a dial-tone (a setting in remote networking). You can add a pause to the dial sequence by adding ',' to the phone number e.g. ,,,,08457576169 will add a 4 second delay. The DTMF signals appear in my experience to be able to communicate OK with the Czech exchange system.
You may need to use Terminal to do this correctly.

Give it a try, hopefully you'll be able to hook the circuit correctly.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 1:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

try with different settings! check if the modem dials the right number at all. i have the sharp mobilon HC-4100 and its modem works fine in hungary, europe.

edit: ah another answer in the same minute
i never used this "," trick, may be useful for my pretec cf modem?!

Edited by cmonex 2006-01-29 1:05 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 1:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-01-29 6:03 PM

try with different settings! check if the modem dials the right number at all. i have the sharp mobilon HC-4100 and its modem works fine in hungary, europe.

edit: ah another answer in the same minute
i never used this "," trick, may be useful for my pretec cf modem?!
Hehehe, Time and tide wait for no man, as they say... but I guess that doesn't apply to you... not being a man and all

Pass on how much use it'll be to the CF. I know that I have to use it when I am in the Czech Republic and when I was last in the States as means to give the system enough time to get a dial tone (espeically when using hotel switchboards).

I remember one situation when in order to get it on I had to get it to dial:

Top of the page
GFHacker
GFHacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 1:20 PM
#
Please tell me how i can use that terminal!! That ",,,," does not work.

Thx
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 1:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow i'll try that ,,,,,9,,,,,0,0,4,4,0,8,4,5,0,7,7,6,1,6,9 (with the right number of course)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 1:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

GFHacker - 2006-01-29 6:20 PM

Thx
Before we move along. If you pickup a handset and listen before, during and after the dial sequence. What is happening, is everything taking place in the correct order and do you hear any error massages / beeps coming back from the phone system?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 1:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

GFHacker - 2006-01-29 7:20 PM

Thx

did you check the dialed number? maybe you could tell us what it is. (no i won't try it, would cost too much. )
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8