x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 4:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, yes you heard right! the cenet msn messenger (windows messenger?) works now on those cenet machines that don't have it by default (wibook, 900c, etc).
it's the updated version (built by TFGBD with PB 4.2 after updating PB itself), so it can log in.

we'll try to get it working on hpc2000 too if it works, we'll create a MIPS version too, so no worries this is not yet another ARM only thing. (another nice example is the MIPS cenet viewers, if you want them check out the thread where i gave the link to them.. i think it was matrixcore's thread on cenet viewers. they work nicely on my intermec )

i'm not posting it right now, first need to get the cab done better (will update the thread with the link soon)

all credits go to TFGBD!!! my role was only convincing him to try and hack msn for us. (and a lot of unsuccessful testing - heh)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 4:50 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Cool!

I really need to sit down and bang heads with TFGBD, I'm sure we could do some great things. Chiark and I just cannot find Platform Builder for sale anywhere anywhere
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 4:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes

what are your ideas? what great things? my ideas right now: hacking msn onto hpc2000, also maybe the media player and IE 5.5/6.0! at least 5.5 please

i think he has just the same eval 4.2 as you all (and me). but i may be wrong

4.1, now thats different, that's really rare! (nah i don't have it, only TFGBD)

edit: want to know how to reach him? #HPCDev on efnet. as easy as that
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 5:04 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hey,
Can you send me what i need for the msn messenger , would like to try it... thanks.....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 5:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sure, a little later, i have to go now
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 7:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

http://izemize.fw.hu/MS_Messenger_MSNP8_Update_CE420.ARM_v2.zip

this is not optimized for HVGA, we will have a HVGA release soon. it is still usable on hvga, by using enter and tab then after logging in use full screen mode
 Top of the page
mz_ Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 12:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I tired on Nec MobilePro 900C and ran full screen after some sets

Edited by mz_ 2006-02-02 12:18 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 3:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi
 Top of the page
mikegrimsley76 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 8:16 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I tried the MSN on my Neta (CE 4.1) and ran into quite a few problems. I first ran executability check to fix the version number. Then I tried to launch and got several errors

Executability Check reports the following:

\Windows\ws2.dll doesn't export a function "WSAAsyncGetHostByName"
\Windows\ws2.dll doesn't export a function "WSAAsyncSelect"
\Windows\ceshell.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 83

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 8:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

This will only work on CE 4.2 devices that don't already have Messenger on them, right? You can't overwrite the rom files? I have a Netbook Pro, which comes with Messenger already. I have never tested it out, though
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 9:16 PM
#
H/PC Elite

you can't overwrite ROM files, but if you copy them, the ROM file will get hidden and you can use the RAM file. For example, sig3 comes with old protocol messenger, but you can update it, even though the original ROM file is not overwritten, it's just hidden because a file with the same name is found in RAM.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mikegrimsley76 - 2006-04-10 2:16 AM

I tried the MSN on my Neta (CE 4.1) and ran into quite a few problems. I first ran executability check to fix the version number. Then I tried to launch and got several errors

Executability Check reports the following:

\Windows\ws2.dll doesn't export a function "WSAAsyncGetHostByName"
\Windows\ws2.dll doesn't export a function "WSAAsyncSelect"
\Windows\ceshell.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 83

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

oops, this is a PITA that cenet isn't a platform! just an OS core that OEM's change to fit their purposes.. so should not have expected it not to have compatibility problems..

so my guess is this MSN hasn't been made with the lowest common denominator - if there exists one at all. we tested it only on the NEC 900c (and if i'm not mistaken, brainium wibook too), and that required some trial and error as it had problems with ole32 imports. so then i thought it would work on other hpc's as the nec really lacks quite a few "functions" by default so other devices can't be worse hehe... they can?

i'll try to get you better versions of these dll's - or a "better" MSN.

for the time being, try the nexio MSN (which would not work on the 900c btw), with the dll's included with "our" MSN.
will post a link for it soon
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 12