x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Is the 128bit encryption needed for sig3?

1 2
javier Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 5:06 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have tried to access my e-mail accounts (hotmail and yahoo) via my my sig3, but It has not been possible to have access to them. Here is my question, Do I need to download the 128 encryption pack? And if not, what is the problem?

Thanks,

Javier
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 5:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No you don't.

What error messages (if any) are you receiving?
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 5:25 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

There is no erro message at all. The ie window becomes white with some words in japanese that I cannot understand. What may this be?

Thanks,

Javier
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 5:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Can you provide us with a screen shot of the error?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

javier - 2006-01-29 11:25 PM

There is no erro message at all. The ie window becomes white with some words in japanese that I cannot understand. What may this be?

aren't you using the mui translation?
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2006-01-31 12:00 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I discovered that after a few minutes certain pages does not upload on my sig3, so I disconected the internet connection and restart it again. Then everything seem to work properly. I will try to post a screenshot.

Regarding the MUI files, maybe it sounds silly, but I am not a tech guy. After using the original translation files I dowloaded certain programs like textmaker, hpcnotes, etc and I do not know how to keep them if I make a hard reset and after using the MUI files. Could any one explain the process in order to avoid the loss of this programs? I would like to get my sig3 translated into English and also, to get more ram memory (right now with the translation files and other programs, the machine is slow sometimes).

Thanks,

Javier
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 7:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mui files: well no real need to hard reset (it is just easier that way...) but please delete the files you used for translation until now. waste of ram.

have you got the mui files or should i give you a link to them?
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 6:40 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi Cmonex.

those are good news (no hard reset, ). So the files that I have to remove are those included in a file called basic setup posted on the yahoo group (it includes lots of them). Also I have downloaded a file called 0409-A.rar, are this the MUI files? could you tell me also the installation process, please? Thanks for your patience.

Javier
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 7:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i dont know about 0409-A.rar but probably that's it... if you look into it and there are files with mui in their name then yes!

about the installation, handheldPCs group surely outlines it, or the rar file has a readme. basically you copy the files into windows and create some reg entries or i heard there's a .cab installer that will do everything for you
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 8:41 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2006-02-02 6:00 PM

i dont know about 0409-A.rar but probably that's it... if you look into it and there are files with mui in their name then yes!

about the installation, handheldPCs group surely outlines it, or the rar file has a readme. basically you copy the files into windows and create some reg entries or i heard there's a .cab installer that will do everything for you

@Cmonex: (about the 0409-A.rar) Seems like you haven't been reading the HPC yahoo group messages lately.

Installing the mui files (used to) involve this steps
1) getting the compressed file (mui zip from Cmonex's place)
2) uncompress
3) copy MUIs to RAM
4) load wceloadext
5) load a reg editor (step 4 and 5 can be made one if you get a regeditor that is compatible with arm720 arch)
6) create the "enable" and "curlang" reg entries
7) reboot and ejoy

i made a cab installer, the one you're talking about, and u/l it inside a rar, so the new sequence is like follows
1) getting the compressed file (0409-A.rar)
2) uncompress
3) copy MUI cab to RAM
4) load MUI cab
5) reset and enjoy.

thus, avoiding the need of having a reg editor and wceloadext.

@Javier
do the second set of steps as outlined and you'll have an english sig in no time

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 8:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

matrixcore - 2006-02-03 2:41 AM

@Cmonex: (about the 0409-A.rar) Seems like you haven't been reading the HPC yahoo group messages lately.

nope. no time!

sorry but wceloadext is essential on the sig3
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 5:04 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

cmonex - 2006-02-02 8:47 PM

matrixcore - 2006-02-03 2:41 AM

nope. no time!

sorry but wceloadext is essential on the sig3

First of all, I would like to thank you both your efforts. After reading both messages the outcome is a bit confussing.
1. What do I get translated if I use matrixcore's cab file?
2. Is it possible to translate my sig3 without doing any hex edit (sorry but I don't know how use a hex edit program)?
3. Do you think that someone (including you) will develop a cab file for translating a sig3 without doing any hex edit?

thanks,

Javier
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 5:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

javier - 2006-02-03 11:04 PM

First of all, I would like to thank you both your efforts. After reading both messages the outcome is a bit confussing.
1. What do I get translated if I use matrixcore's cab file?
2. Is it possible to translate my sig3 without doing any hex edit (sorry but I don't know how use a hex edit program)?
3. Do you think that someone (including you) will develop a cab file for translating a sig3 without doing any hex edit?

1. almost everything. except for some (very few) error messages you get when trying to run a pocketpc program.
2. no need to hexedit. just install the cab.
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 7:05 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi,

I just have follwed matrixcore instructions (finally I have installed the cab file on my programs file, remove the basic setup file)........and an error message in japanese appears. Also I have uploaded the wceloadext, and run the cab file another time and nothing, the same error message.

What am I missing? sorry but it does not work on my sig3, help

Javier
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 8:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

javier - 2006-02-04 1:05 AM

Hi,

I just have follwed matrixcore instructions (finally I have installed the cab file on my programs file, remove the basic setup file)........and an error message in japanese appears. Also I have uploaded the wceloadext, and run the cab file another time and nothing, the same error message.

What am I missing? sorry but it does not work on my sig3, help

Javier

no idea matrixcore should have some tips though.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10