x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

evt 3.0 and mplatsdk

c-garette
c-garette Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 7:07 PM
#
Hey!

I've a Sharp 4500-G with a MIPS R4000 and Windows CE 2.0.

Now I want to write some apps for that, but I can't configure the embedded visual tools 3.0 with the platform sdk 2000, so that I can build apps for Win CE 2.0 (MIPS). I'm already tried a tut at pdagold.com, but it didn't figure me out. Please tell me what exactly to do!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 8:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hpc2000 isn't CE2

please check out the older threads, they will tell you what tools you need for CE2 development.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 2:50 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

What exactly is the problem? EVT3 is the correct thing to use and works with the HPC2k platform (which has a WinCE 3.0 core).

There is a registry edit necessary on the jornada 720 to confirm the platform ID, but I don't think you should need to do anything for your device, assuming that it is HPC2k
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 6:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you see, he wants to develop for CE 2
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 7:54 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ah, the penny drops. Sorry, i didn't realise that the 4500G was a WinCE 2.0 device.

In that case have a search, you'll find information on what you need for developing for CE2 or alternatively see the HPCFactor developer pages at [url]www.hpcfactor.com/developer

You will need the Toolkit for VB6 or VC6 in order to develop for CE2.0, which also needs VB6 or VC6 . Copies of the toolkit have been going on ebay uk recently for about £25 or so - in fact there's a copy ending in 6 hours.

I'd advocate going for C rather than VB, as the VB compiler only compiles down to bytecode, not native code so your application will need the appropriate interpreter on the machine if you do use VB. No such problems with C.

Top of the page
c-garette
c-garette Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 8:56 AM
#
It would work if the checkbuttons weren't grayed. Normally the evt30 is compatible with wce2.0, because it have the wce2.0 compiler, but it don't. The checkbuttons for to choose the right cpu are disabled, just a few are enabled, but not for my device. The platform sdk is only needed because of the libraries for the mips cpu.
I've downloaded the evt 3.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f663bf48-31ee-4cbe-aac5-0affd5fb27dd&displaylang=en
and Handheld PC 2.0 SDK (sorry, not the platform sdk 2000)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04a04175-3db7-434d-96a5-1f04887d0d0e&DisplayLang=en
and want to work this sdk with evt 3.0 without the other stuff. I've read on the net it is possible to make it work together without to have the VC++/VB 5.0/6.0 and the Windows CE toolkit for VC++/VB. And that's what I want, make it working. I will be happy if anyone can help me.

tnx
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 9:41 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is a hack, which contrary to what you are hoping for doesn't provide full ui integration. It is outlined here on the board somewhere.
 Top of the page
c-garette
c-garette Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 11:15 AM
#
I've done it with registry hack. But now I've an other problem.

#include <windows.h>

int WINAPI WinMain(...){
MessageBox(0,(LPCTSTR)"Something",(LPCTSTR)"Test",MB_OK);
returnn 0;
}

1. I've to use (LPCTSTR), otherwise I get an error.
2. When I start the app on my machine, it shows the words as [] [] [] [] (I think the compiler does compile with ASCII, but on my machine it shows as UNICODE)

Please help me how to get resolved this problem! tnx
 Top of the page
c-garette
c-garette Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 11:20 AM
#
I've done it with registry hack. But now I've an other problem.

#include <windows.h>

int WINAPI WinMain(...){
MessageBox(0,(LPCTSTR)"Something",(LPCTSTR)"Test",MB_OK);
returnn 0;
}

1. I've to use (LPCTSTR), otherwise I get an error.
2. When I start the app on my machine, it shows the words as [] [] [] [] (I think the compiler does compile with ASCII, but on my machine it shows as UNICODE)

Please help me how to get resolved this problem! tnx
 Top of the page
pyrow
pyrow Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 12:00 PM
#
Hi c-garette,

i had the same problem with my Sharp HC 4600G.

Look at this adress:
http://www.pdagold.com/articles/detail.asp?a=2
and follaw instructions there.

Be aware that the recommended way dosnt work with 2002 edition of evt 30.

Good luck, Werner
 Top of the page
pyrow
pyrow Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 12:01 PM
#
Hi c-garette,

i had the same problem with my Sharp HC 4600G.

Look at this adress:
http://www.pdagold.com/articles/detail.asp?a=2
and follow instructions there.

Be aware that the recommended way dosnt work with 2002 edition of evt 30.

Good luck, Werner
 Top of the page
c-garette
c-garette Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 11:31 AM
#
If you mean, that it doesn't work to compile for the machine with evt 3.0 2002 edition, then I say no it works!

This "How to" maybe doesn't work, but I hacked the registry to make it work.

How ever, I have the problem with ASCII/UNICODE. (Sorry for the double posting above, an error occured during the loading.)

Does anybody have as earlier versions of evt as 2002, or some/any other software for my machine? plz mail or pm
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 27