x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Avantgo Missing from AS's "Sync Options"

Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 3:55 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I synch with Avantgo directly from my J-720, and use Activesync 3.8 with XP Pro to synch Contacts and Calendar only.

But in anticipation of broadening AS's partnership with my Velo 1, I find that I do not have an Avantgo selection in AS's "Sync Options."

I have followed CESD 0055 assiduously, and in my XP Pro's control panel, I have found and configured AvantGO Connect to my Avantgo account (the account works fine) and the "Test" in AvantGo Connection's Properties is successful.

Where else do I look to fix this?

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 4:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Are we having a conversation about a Velo or a 720 here?

In regedit on the host, do you see:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Services\Synchronization\All\Mobile_Application_Link.Server\Mobile Application Link

If so, it installed correctly, if not, then you may have downloaded the wrong version, there is one for NT5 and one for 9x.
If all is well, try deleting and recreating the device partnership.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
We're conversing about the J-720 and Avantgo in ANTICIPATION of conversing about the Velo 1 and Avantgo

At any rate, it was my fault--CESD 0055 refers to 3.71. Since I was running 3.8, I did not think--or was rather praying--that the desktop reg didn't need the same changes.

But I poked around more in the tutorials and realized it probably did; still, I wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Installed NT5 and all is well.

As an aside, I was amazed at what a lengthy process XP makes one go through just to back up the full registry. It seemed I had to do a System State backup, half a gig, just to store the registry. That seems extreme--why won't the registry's own Export do a full backup?

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 9:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The NT registry is spread about over different areas of the file system. It only loads certain parts of it when requiered,otherwise they are stored and updated as required.

I've never used backup under XP, but I am surprised that you could not just to a system state backup to pull the registry and kernel configuration resources.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8