x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-02-16 5:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The center tip is positive. Nice thing is that the plug can fit into the socket in either direction, so a DVM is the best way to go...

15V@4A? I don't know...the NEC is 13.6...not that far off, but you never know the tolerance on these old things...

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-16 6:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just a question if you're already talking about ac adapters
if the original power supply for a hpc is 1A @ 10V, will 1A @ 9V suffice? i can't see 10V psu's anywhere.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-16 6:44 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Probably, decent AC adapters may measure +/- 10% from their rating. Higher quality adapters are usually pretty close to their rating, and some cheapies can be +/- 20%.

It's best to measure the adapter voltage when it's under load to get a more accurate picture.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-16 7:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the reply

it won't be a high quality adapter but when i used one with the j720 it worked fine..

i'll measure it anyway. thanks again
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 6:24 PM
#
Recieved the battery and ac adapter from Alancomputech today. Battery was factory sealed, and the AC adapter was in decent condition. I'm charging it all up now and will let everyone know about how much I get out of it, probably with wifi on.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 7:25 PM
#
Just started trying to update everything and realized that without a sync cable, I won't be installing SP1. I've read over the CESD and the Serial Dilemma article and it seems that I can't create a partnership without a backup. For now, I'll do without SP1 I guess! Off to hpcBay!

Also, I am having trouble installing schannel.dll Something about write protection. Maybe I can't do this without a host either... hmm..

Edited by abyssknight 2006-02-21 7:36 PM
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 7:41 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

you can install the Sp1 using your network or CF card. just run the setup file, and when it says: "the next time you connect your H/pc, the thingy will be installed", just go to My Computer> (C)>program files>activesync>(now guess which folder has the Service pack in it). find the service pack cab file, and open it on the H/pc
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 8:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you can install SP1 from a cab file...

schannel.dll: rename the old one then install the new one

or get an irda adapter
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 9:29 PM
#
I have an IRDA adapter actually, but activesync won't start without the partnership. Thanks Jornada 660lx, I'll go try that now! So far everything is awesome, I got the Prism reference driver to work with my AP and gigabar. I will try that cmonex, but last time I couldn't get explorer to show me schannel.dll, but I may be too excited to see it. Hehe.

UPDATE: Thanks everyone! SP1 installed via each CAB and SCHANNEL installed after downloading TotalCommander so I could rename the DLL!

Edited by abyssknight 2006-02-21 9:46 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 7:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Or for the schannel.dll, just use Total Commander and copy it from your CF card to the Windows folder...that'll work.

Rich
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 7:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

abyssknight,

The easiest way to install the SChannel update is to do it through ActiveSync on the host PC rather than on the device's explorer. Someone here mentioned renaming the existing file - you cannot do that as the root SChannel is ROM based. So in the absence of ActiveSync, I'd go with Rich's suggestion.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 7:10 PM
#
H/PC Elite

well I got mine this morning. It reminds me of the Jornada 820 (3) I had once before.

Rich, Did the computer come with a stylus? If they did I didn't get one.

Any way i like the size and hope to get the serial cable, batteries and ac adapter soon. I want to load the Clik driver on here and see what this thing can do with the USB drive. If everything works out I will get another one.

I wish it had touch pad like the J820 but J820 doesn't have touch screen either.

Any one have JetCet print drivers for color or found a MP 800 disk I still have my LG Phenom 220 pro disk so I will see what can load from there . Can this run without a battery and only on ac adapter

S/F,
CEyA!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 7:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Duh...give me your address again Ceya...your stylus must the extra one sitting here. The clik drivers work great with usb pens...tried it last night. Nice. It runs fine on a/c adapter alone too...just don't unplug it or else!

Rich
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 8:00 PM
#
I believe the backup battery is rechargable Rich, so unplugging it briefly may be fine once the internal battery has charged.

Yeah, the clik drivers are AMAZING!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 9:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-02-22 1:35 PM
Someone here mentioned renaming the existing file - you cannot do that as the root SChannel is ROM based.

well, but you can..
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10