x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WTT: Axim X50v + Accessories for CE.net HPC

corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2006-01-31 12:59 PM
#
Hey folks, long time no see.

I ventured into PPC land for a while but now I've got a strong urge to head'er back into the world of HPCs.

Here's what I have to offer:
Dell Axim X50v, in good condition (9/10, it's been in a case since day one).
Standard battery
Official Dell extended battery
Black leather Sena case (for extended batteries), as well as the original Dell case
256MB PQI MMC
Dell Executive Keyboard (bluetooth)
2 (I think, I don't recall where the second is) extra screen protectors on top of the one on the screen now. Cleartouch Crystal, all of them.

Also included are the cradle and standard accessories, I'm sure I've hidden a thing or two somewhere. I'll put up pictures in a bit, I'm not home with everything ATM.

What I'm looking for:
NEC MobilePro 900C or Psion Netbook Pro, or other ce.net handheld with a keyboard (are there any?). I'm looking either to make a fair trade or come out with a bit of coin as I'm a broke student with no additional funds.

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta and willing to ship. PM or email me at dan DOT hunke AT gmail DOT com. Cheers!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-31 9:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi corporate,
Good luck regarding your trade. And come back here if you do end up with an HPC again!
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 12:45 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I think you'll find your trade to be a little lopsided, and not in your favor. NEC Mobilepro 900s still sell on ebay for $800 and up, as do Netbooks. Most likely, (barring devine intervention), your going to have to come up with a little green to even things out, especially when Dell is offering a maxed out X51v with a second battery for $466.00 right now. Good luck to you though.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 10:29 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Maul - 2006-02-01 6:45 AM

I think you'll find your trade to be a little lopsided, and not in your favor. NEC Mobilepro 900s still sell on ebay for $800 and up, as do Netbooks. Most likely, (barring devine intervention), your going to have to come up with a little green to even things out, especially when Dell is offering a maxed out X51v with a second battery for $466.00 right now. Good luck to you though.

i disagree partially, a nec 900 can easily be had for 500$ on ebay. 900c's too. i think the 800$ ones were mostly shill bidding. simply impossible. also you can get a 900 for 540$ or so at usedhandhelds with 30 day warranty!

then you just have to get the upgrade to cenet

what i agree with is that this trade is lopsided and not in corporate's favour
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 10:33 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

corporate - 2006-01-31 6:59 PM

What I'm looking for:
NEC MobilePro 900C or Psion Netbook Pro, or other ce.net handheld with a keyboard (are there any?). I'm looking either to make a fair trade or come out with a bit of coin as I'm a broke student with no additional funds.

there's the smartbook and its variants, also the sigmarion III.

do a comparison between all these and decide theyre all so different.

naybe the easiest for you would be to get a nec900 if you were happy with the 790. then if you find you do need cenet, upgrade (its software, not a physical rom chip so its easy).
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 12:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

There is also as allways the "black sheeped" Wibook
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 4:47 PM
#
cmonex - 2006-02-01 8:33 AM

corporate - 2006-01-31 6:59 PM

What I'm looking for:

there's the smartbook and its variants, also the sigmarion III.

do a comparison between all these and decide theyre all so different.

naybe the easiest for you would be to get a nec900 if you were happy with the 790. then if you find you do need cenet, upgrade (its software, not a physical rom chip so its easy).

Yarrr, good point

I think it all comes down to who offers what, if anything - how's about I leave it open to any high-end HPC and see what happens
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 6:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

corporate - 2006-02-01 10:47 PM

I think it all comes down to who offers what, if anything - how's about I leave it open to any high-end HPC and see what happens

hum, you don't mind size, expandibility options, battery life, the amount of tweaking needed, nothing?
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 8:21 PM
#
cmonex - 2006-02-01 4:21 PM

corporate - 2006-02-01 10:47 PM

hum, you don't mind size, expandibility options, battery life, the amount of tweaking needed, nothing?

Make life hard for me, will you?

Size isn't too much of an issue - I carried around a 790 so obviously I haven't much of a problem with that

Expandability - I need wifi + a memory slot, so a CF slot + something else would do 'er fine.

Battery life - enough that I can go a day without replacing the battery. Would have to surpass my Thinkpad (T30) in battery life to a significant margin, but that really just means 3+ hours.

Tweaking.. don't all HPCs require an inordinate amount of tweaking? That's half the fun of it
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 9:14 PM
#
H/PC Elder

corporate - 2006-02-01 1:47 PM
how's about I leave it open to any high-end HPC and see what happens

Alrighty then, check you email
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 11:00 AM
#
You're all going to hate me, but it's been traded off for a Zaurus C-760

Thanks for looking/offering!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 11:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

corporate - 2006-02-07 5:00 PM

aww.. why a zaurus?
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 1:39 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2006-02-07 11:37 AM

aww.. why a zaurus?

Because of linux of course!

OZ rocks!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 8:07 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I hate you!

Heh just kidding. Perhaps we'll see a "WTT Zaurus for HPC" post soon!
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 11:13 AM
#
mscdex - 2006-02-07 11:39 AM

cmonex - 2006-02-07 11:37 AM

aww.. why a zaurus?

Because of linux of course!

OZ rocks!

Right on the button, that is!

And takwu, we'll see. I figure going the path of the Zaurus gives me more options for what I can do with it... who knows, perhaps I'll actually be able to replace my laptop now?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9