x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

720 won't suspend right

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 6:14 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I think this is a software issue,

My 720 screen goes blank, but the wpc11 leds stay lit and the reminder led starts blinking.

Of course, if I come back a few hours later the battery has gone down.

Hawking cf100w hpc2k driver, nothing except wr-tools and the hp keyboard driver resident.

Ideas?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

reminder led? what about the tasks / appointments?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 7:46 PM
#
H/PC Elder

None, I checked that first.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 11:54 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok then, I've narrowed it down. I tried the wpc11 driver and the 720 still won't suspend. Also, I need to correct my previous post. It wasn't the PIM led that was flashing when I was using the hawking driver, it was the microphone led flashing. WTH?

I guess my next move it trying a different prism card, maybe my dlink dcf660. But I'm not optimistic about it working. I get all the weird problems. Some of my doing, many unexplainable.

This is making nooooo sense. Has anyone else had this issue?

edit: Geez, it still won't suspend using my Spectrum 24 card. I see no point in trying another prism card. Ugh, I'll be killing batteries left and right if I can't resolve this.

Edited by wallythacker 2006-02-02 12:13 AM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 3:19 AM
#
H/PC Elder

The "microphone" LED is actually the power on LED while screen is off. For example if you turn the screen off while playing in Media Player, that LED will start blinking, telling you the device is still on; ONLY the screen is turned off. Same thing if power management turns off the screen but has not suspended the device yet.

For more information check your user manual.
(lol I always get some kicks out of saying that)

I am not sure about your WiFi cards or drivers. But the Linksys WiFi driver is known to prevent power management to go into suspend mode automatically - but this only happens as long as it maintains a connection. Anyway I never had problems suspending manually.

To solve the auto sleep problem, NEC made a fix for the MP900 (HPC2000). I tried that fix on my Jornada 728, with WCP11 ver 3 and official driver, and everything was fixed. The excellent WiFi connection didn't keep my Jornada awake all night anymore

Hope this helps.

*edit* On second read, it sounds like your power button is turning the screen off instead of suspending. Did you change the behavior of the button somehow??

Edited by takwu 2006-02-02 3:25 AM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 4:16 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Update:

After a hard-reset suspend works fine. I added just a wifi driver, nothing else, and suspend stops working.

I tried a few prism drivers and my Spectrum. The results are the same.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 8:20 AM
#
H/PC Elder

No manual, lol That's the price you pay with used gear!

TY for the info, especially the 900 fix. I'll give it a try. The 720 will be much better if it takes a real snooze when needed.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 12:54 PM
#
H/PC Elder

wallythacker - 2006-02-02 5:20 AM

No manual, lol That's the price you pay with used gear!

Free manual online That's the service you get with brand name products!
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?dlc=en&lc=en&product=61677&lang=en&cc=ca&
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8