x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 3:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks That's good to know. I'll file it away for later.
Did you ever finish the "Beginners Guide to Hex Editing"?
I hope to get time to play with Sprite backup this weekend.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 5:51 PM
#
H/PC Elder

takwu - 2006-02-02 1:17 PM

wallythacker - 2006-02-02 3:27 AM
I found enough bugs and missing essentials to pass on it for serious use.

BUGS!? Please tell me because I am always scared of bugs

I only use backup for programs and settings. All data file should be in memory card anyway. Why would anyone need to backup frequently?

Lol, the first time with EZ it was bound and determined to backup my 200gb pc drive to my puny 256mb flash card!

So I played with the settings, got them correct, but couldn't backup unless my wifi card was pulled. Ez kept spinning its wheels for some reason. So anyway, when I solved that my 720 fell asleep many times during the backup.

Cmonex, had any time to try Sprite?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-02-03 11:51 PM

Cmonex, had any time to try Sprite?

no, i was away for the afternoon and evening tomorrow... same applies to the hacking tutorial
 Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 12:53 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I tried messing with it a little this morning but didn't get very far. It needed aygshell but after that it said "\Windows\mfcce300.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 2755" when I run executability check. I tried to copy the exe to my CF card to hex edit it on my desktop, but it wouldn't let me copy it. How do I get the exe out so I can edit it? Thanks!
 Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 12:54 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I tried messing with it a little this morning but didn't get very far. It needed aygshell but after that it said "\Windows\mfcce300.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 2755" when I run executability check. I tried to copy the exe to my CF card to hex edit it on my desktop, but it wouldn't let me copy it. How do I get the exe out so I can edit it? Thanks!
 Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 12:55 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 1:14 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Arg! Sorry about the multiple posts but it kept timing out on me. There's no help section for using the forum software and I can't figure out how to delete the extra posts.
 Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 1:16 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Arg! Sorry about the multiple posts but it kept timing out on me. There's no help section for using the forum software and I can't figure out how to delete the extra posts.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 4:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you need the pocketpc mfcce300, get it from my site for example

use total commander to copy the exe or do a soft reset.

you can't delete your posts only edit them, for 10-20-30 mins or so...
 Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 11:43 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well, I got Pocket Backup to run on my J720. I had to use Cmonex's mfcce301, aygshell, doclist and hex edit the exe to get it to work. It's strange that GSFinder wouldn't let me copy the .exe to the CF card but Total Commander would.
I couldn't see lots of the important stuff so I had to install nyditot. So it was running and I could see everything but the main window that shows check boxes for which databases to backup was blank. Even though I have it working, I can't backup anything. Still, a good learning experience.

Any ideas?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-06 8:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm maybe it can't handle the hpc version of the databases? (though i don't think they're that different from ppc..)

nyditot: well you can save installing & using nyditot if you use winwatch (freeware btw), it helps many times by resizing the dialog windows http://damnsoft.org
 Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-06 11:09 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I installed winwatch and gave it a try. I was able to move the main window around to see the buttons but the file window is still blank (not that I expected that to change!). So I guess it's just not seeing the hpc databases. Oh well.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-06 11:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok, I'm really familiar with Sprite so if you could tell me what hex editing you did to the sprite.exe I'll do the same. Actually, tell me anything of note please. I'm really determined to have sprite working on my 720/SL4.

I *know* we can get this working right and it's an important one to me, maybe others. AFAIK most of the hpc databases are compatible with ppc databases should they should show up.

Edited by wallythacker 2006-02-06 11:38 PM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 1:46 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Why Sprite or any third-party backup program? Are there problems when using the ActiveSync backup?

I've only backed up my PDAs and haven't restored yet. It does take two to three hours or more to complete a backup using ActiveSync. But is there a problem with restoring?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 2:18 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I've had my share of failures trying to restore activesync backups. I'm sure others here have similar horror stories.

Besides the reliability issue, it just takes *far* too long using AS to backup. That, and you must be at home to backup or restore. Hardly useful on the road. Once you've used another method to backup you'll never consider using AS for backups again.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9