x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 7:21 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes AS is so slow. i did it only once then discovered the hp backup thats again not so fast backing up but certainly faster than using AS and the restore is a breeze (easy and fast).
as for the other hpc's... well sigmarion and intermec has a backup app, 900c and bsquare phh too but they have the bsquare backup which is slow so i'm interested in sprite myself even though i solved the problem on the bsquare by using a little app that backs up and restores only the databases. that's enough for me, and finally i can do it daily

as for the problems with sprite, can you try another version of sprite? also the WM5 beta is interesting too.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 7:27 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

wallythacker - 2006-02-07 2:18 AM

I've had my share of failures trying to restore activesync backups. I'm sure others here have similar horror stories.

Besides the reliability issue, it just takes *far* too long using AS to backup. That, and you must be at home to backup or restore. Hardly useful on the road. Once you've used another method to backup you'll never consider using AS for backups again.

But this Sprite and EZBackup can only work on ARM handhelds. What do people with MPs with a MIPs processor do? What program do they use for back-ups?
 Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 11:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

For wallythacker: The version I'm working with is 1.0.1.1. It was from a long time ago when they offered a free version and a paid version. The free version did all I needed so I never got the full paid version; which is probably why they don't have it anymore. All I hex edited in Pocket Backup.exe was to change mfcce300 to mfcce301. I also had to use Cmonex's mfcce301, aygshell and doclist get it to work. It runs but, as I said, the window showing which databases you want to back up is empty. I thought maybe it just wasn't displaying, and tried to run a back up but it just freezes up.

Let me know if there's anything you want me to try. I'd like to see it working too
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 11:44 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I wonder if we're on the same page. I don't know if Pocket Backup is anything lik the current Sprite, which I know well.

Slick, if you have the time and motivation download the trial of Sprite from http://spritesoftware.com and give it a try.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10