x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Macromedia Flash for CE .Net devices

1 2
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 10:50 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Thanks to cmonex, we now have the Sig3 Macromedia Flash file in cab format. However I cannot attach the file here because it's too large.

cmonex,
You said the Flash made pages load forever on your Sig3. But what website did you try? Are you sure Flash is working? I remember Flash 6 PPC on the j728 was really slooow, but it worked. Can you try these pages to see if it works:

www.honda.ca
I used that as the test for my j728, and it worked! Altho they have changed the site since I tried, so I'm not sure if Flash 6 can still cut it.

www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/
The official Flash test page
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 6:14 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok, I found out why the Flash doesn't work.

I hexedited the cab, so it would install on my SmartBook. After that, a new flash.dll is copied to Windows (replacing the default one). Executability Check tells me this new flash.dll does not have a matching CPU type! Duh, in this case the dll won't load.

So this is another CPU type problem. How do I make this DLL compatible with my SmartBook? Hexedit again? I tried to fix the first 11 0a in the dll file, but that didn't work. There are several more 11 0a after the first one tho, and I don't know if I should edit anymore.

Help...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 11:19 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the new thread

also many many thanks for the sites, i'll try them.

sig3 flash: http://izemize.fw.hu/sig3flash6.zip

nexio flash: http://izemize.fw.hu/nexioflash.zip
takwu please check if this is what you have.

the cpu string: it is not 11 0A you need to search for. i think it is 20 07, at least that's what i see in the cab, but it is best to check it with Peinfo (it will tell you the string in the main info section - you may need to reverse the two halves of it for example 01 C0 is ARM 2577, but in the executable you need to find C0 01 IIRC).

i don't have time to check it now, so i'd recommend peinfo or at least 20 07 -> C0 01 (if my memory doesn't fail me here, that is ).

edit: not sure if it matters whether it is a cab or an already installed exe / dll. maybe safer to do the surgery on the installed stuff or is it different with a cab? then i would understand finally why it isn't 11 0A
soo if it is a cab, maybe it is 20 07 -> 11 0A, and if it is an exe, it is xx xx -> 01 C0 (i'll check that theory...)
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 1:58 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hmm, I have a different Nexio Flash. I don't think it would make a difference anyway, we're just using that to "hook" IE to the swflash.dll file, and for that purpose my Nexio Flash works just fine.

Let me see what happens with the Sig 3 flash dll first. I need to get it to at least match my CPU type before doing anything I hexedited the cab file already, so that it will install. But I guess that doesn't fix whatever file is inside the cab, as Exec Chk says CPU type doesn't match.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 3:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm back with working flash tested only on wibook (ce.net 4.2) so far.

http://izemize.fw.hu/flash60_cenet.zip

install the nexio cab, then drop the swflash.dll (sig3, hexed cpu string) into windows and go to a flash site (i also did a soft reset just to be sure..)

you can find below my screenshots of http://index.hu

(you can check on your PC which ad is flash and which isn't)

the flash menu pops up only when right clicking, of course... tap & hold in this case

oh and it's strange that it does work on the wibook, on sig3 it broke the page (index.hu) totally i'll try again...

also it slowed down my wibook. too bad (even though it was overclocked to 472 Mhz)
flash itself doesn't seem to be slow

ps. the cpu string was 01 C2 according to peinfo so i searched for C2 01, and changed the first instance of it to C0 01. (or the other way around, i always forget nvm, you don't have to do it!)

(image001.jpg)

(image002.jpg)

(image003.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image001.jpg (58KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments image002.jpg (65KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments image003.jpg (63KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 9:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2006-02-02 12:09 PM

i'm back with working flash tested only on wibook (ce.net 4.2) so far.
. . .
oh and it's strange that it does work on the wibook, on sig3 it broke the page (index.hu) totally i'll try again...

Thanks cmonex... BUT, it seems my SmartBook has the same problem as your Sig3! Noooooo...ooo....ooo...

Basically every webpage with Flash just freezes IE I even tried it with my built-in Ethernet (to make sure it's not a conflict with WiFi).

But I guess it worked on your WiBook with WiFi?

Exec Chk shows no problem with the dll.

What's most amazing is that this Flash was written for Sig3. If you ever fix it on your Sig3, hopefully that'll fix it for my SmartBook.
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 5:20 AM
#
The problem is in the MUI file and registry. I have tried macormedia flash before and after installing MUI. Before it works after not.

Hard problem to solve
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 5:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-02-03 3:18 AM

But I guess it worked on your WiBook with WiFi?

aww..
yes it worked with wifi.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 5:31 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

rgisondi - 2006-02-03 11:20 AM

The problem is in the MUI file and registry. I have tried macormedia flash before and after installing MUI. Before it works after not.

Hard problem to solve

umm, i'll forget about flash then thanks for the info though... maybe i'll try out the flash anyway to see what it is like on the sig3. it is fast enough on the wibook just the wibook itself gets slowed down with index.hu loaded in IE

about the smartbook, is mui enabled in there?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 8:44 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2006-02-03 2:31 AM
. . . it is fast enough on the wibook just the wibook itself gets slowed down with index.hu loaded in IE

about the smartbook, is mui enabled in there?

Flash contents can be quite large in size, so the webpage would require more RAM. If your device doesn't have Flash, then IE simply won't download the Flash contents (shows that red X). I think that's why it's slow.

MUI? I have no idea what that is. I just know you guys are using it to translate the Sig3. Can you tell me more? I surely want to fix this problem.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 9:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-02-04 2:44 AM

Flash contents can be quite large in size, so the webpage would require more RAM. If your device doesn't have Flash, then IE simply won't download the Flash contents (shows that red X). I think that's why it's slow.

MUI? I have no idea what that is. I just know you guys are using it to translate the Sig3. Can you tell me more? I surely want to fix this problem.

go into the registry, HKLM/mui, is it enabled there? (probably self-explanatory)

ah yes the wibook doesnt have too much ram
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 3:52 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2006-02-03 6:37 PM
go into the registry, HKLM/mui, is it enabled there? (probably self-explanatory)

ah yes the wibook doesnt have too much ram

HKLM/mui? Mmm I can't find it in RegEdit...

How much RAM does WiBook have?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 4:29 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

32mb total avalible
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 7:57 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no its 36 mb available out of 64
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 12:59 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I see. My SmartBook has close to 20MB of storage occupied after hard reset.

Anyway... cmonex can you explain the MUI registry thing... I don't understand. I can't find it in my registry.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.343 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11