x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP Jornada Stylus question.....

Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 12:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't know if this has happened to many other people, but I was reading the maunal. I know the top of the stylus is spring loaded to allow easier removal from the slot, but ever since I had my 718 in August, I noticed that on a rough average, 2 or 3 removals makes the top quite literally, pop off!

This now means that the stylus gets stuck and the top has to be located and found, then manuevered into position, before attempting to remove the stylus.

Some people might find it hilarious to watch, but it annoys me sometimes, especially when I think "Oh no!! I got to buy a new stylus now!", (I only have one stylus ATM!).

Has anyone else got the same problem? Is it just an annoyance or would glue (something I don't want to use) will fix it? Is this normal?
Answer on a postcard please! ;-)
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 12:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

If you ask me, it's a dumb design on HP's part!

There is no need for the spring loaded stylus....it's just something silly that's bound to break and require an HP replacement stylus.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Wessex_nut - 2006-02-02 9:03 AM
Some people might find it hilarious to watch . . .

I LOL'd just thinking about it!
I have never seen it happen with my Jornada tho. I always found it cool to get the stylus out that way... it's so ... James Bond
*end of postcard*
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 3:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Wessex_nut - 2006-02-02 6:03 PM

Has anyone else got the same problem? Is it just an annoyance or would glue (something I don't want to use) will fix it? Is this normal?
Answer on a postcard please! ;-)

yeah, my j720 (j727 now) stylus had this problem.. luckily i already had the j728 by that time.. i got a dead j720 dirt cheap and using its stylus now.

since then i'm trying to be careful with the j728 stylus (and the new j720 stylus)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8