x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 and Linksys NP10T

1 2
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 1:24 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I bought this ethernet card based off the compatibility chart on this site, but I'm not having much luck. I was under the impression this would just be plug and play, but no such luck. Is there a driver I need to install, or settings I need to make? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 1:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Unless I am mistaken, the card only requires the following files in /Windows in order to work: arp.dll, dhcp.dll, ndis.dll, ne2000.dll, and network.cpl. Those files should already be there. Check to see if any of them are missing.
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 9:21 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

After checking on those files it appears that Im missing arp.dll, and network.cpl. Where would I get these files to complete my setup? Thanks again.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 2:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

They should be on the Windows CE/ActiveSync CD that comes with the unit. Let us know if you don't have the CD. Maybe C:Amie will let me PM the files to you.
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 2:58 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I purchased my Jornada from ebay and it came without any software unfortunately, if you could provide the missing files that would be very much appreciated!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 4:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The files CE Geek is referring too are only required for CE 2.00 devices. They are present in ROM on all newer CE versions (hence why you cannot see them).

When you put the card in the device, a box should pop up asking for a driver name.
Just type:
ne2000.dll and tap OK.

That should load the driver up, and it should only bother you once.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 6:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thanx for setting me straight, C:Amie. But, interestingly, when I popped in my Kingston CIO10T (fresh from a vendor in th UK), it didn't prompt me for a driver.
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 1:36 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2006-02-03 3:30 PM

Thanx for setting me straight, C:Amie. But, interestingly, when I popped in my Kingston CIO10T (fresh from a vendor in th UK), it didn't prompt me for a driver.

I'm with you, the only popup I get is asking me whether or not I want to run the card on battery power, it has never asked for a driver. I still need a fix for this.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 2:18 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Have you hard reset the 720 then tried? Most registry issues that would cause the card not to activate will be cleaned up after a hard reset.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 4:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Maul - 2006-02-03 10:36 PM

CE Geek - 2006-02-03 3:30 PM

I'm with you, the only popup I get is asking me whether or not I want to run the card on battery power, it has never asked for a driver. I still need a fix for this.

The difference with me is that mine worked. I still wonder if those two driver files are missing. IIRC, they should still show up in Explorer even if they're in ROM.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 7:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is no way that he has a HPC2000 device with a missing network module, and even hypothetically, way out there if he did, the files in the NSP are for CE 2.00 SH3/MIPS.
Under 2.00 these files are visible as they are present in RAM, where as under 2.11 and 3.0 they are in ROM and masked from the UI.

If he didn't have NE2000.dll it would certainly be asking for a driver name

Pull up a registry editor, have a scout about for:
HKLM\Driver\PCMCIA\

See if you can spot the linksys in there. I can't really guess what it will be listed as, but anything with Linksys or NP10 will be a dead cert - there are no "linksys" entries on my 720.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 7:46 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-02-04 10:52 AM

The difference with me is that mine worked. I still wonder if those two driver files are missing. IIRC, they should still show up in Explorer even if they're in ROM.

nope, the default setting in explorer is not to show system files (dll's).
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 3:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

. . . but you can view them by selecting "View All Files" in the Options menu. (I got a lot of practice with that while trying out your DLL file downloads.)

I gotta trust your word, C:Amie, but I'm stumped as to why else Maul's card won't work, unless maybe it's a problem with registry entries, as wally suggests. Could installing Pocket PC apps have done this? (Have you installed any, Maul?)
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 6:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

No, in fact I just performed a hard reset. After said reset I installed the card, I recieved a pop up asking whether or not to use battery power for my pc card, I clicked yes. Immediately after another popup appeared asking me how I would like to get an ip address. I selected obtain an IP address via DHCP. I clicked ok, but still nothing. No activity lights, and internet explorer says it can't find the server. I am using cable internet and plugging in directly from that modem. Perhaps its not the drivers that are at fault but a step I'm missing. Thanks again to all of you for your attention to this.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 7:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Maul - 2006-02-05 12:42 AM
I am using cable internet and plugging in directly from that modem. Perhaps its not the drivers that are at fault but a step I'm missing. Thanks again to all of you for your attention to this.

heh. you're not using a router?

i'm not sure about cable but i know dsl, and there hpc2000 cannot use pppoe for "dialing" in to get the dsl internet. i don't think cable is that much different in this respect, i mean hpc2000 cannot use it directly only via a router. sorry if i'm mistaken about that.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10