x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 and Linksys NP10T

1 2
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 9:19 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I hooked it up to my router to test your theory, but the result is the same. There are two led lights on the dongle, and I have yet to see either light up.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 5:12 AM
#
H/PC Elder

IMO, your card was properly recognized as ne2000 compatible by ce, hence the dhcp question.

What other machines have you verified the card in? Are you sure the dongle is the proper one for the card? Dongle wiring isn't all the same. Does the dongle blink at all, even for a split second?

Get vxutil on your hpc by any means and use the info function to gather more details.

Cable internet doesn't require software like dsl, so no issue there.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 5:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-02-05 11:12 AM

oh, nice, that's good to hear.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 8:07 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

wallythacker - 2006-02-05 5:12 AM

DSL does not require software It only requires software if you hook the modem up directly to the computer via usb. But then again the same goes for cable modems if you hook it up directly via usb.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 8:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mscdex - 2006-02-06 2:07 AM

wallythacker - 2006-02-05 5:12 AM

DSL does not require software It only requires software if you hook the modem up directly to the computer via usb. But then again the same goes for cable modems if you hook it up directly via usb.

huh? i was talking about directly hooking the hpc up to the modem! then you do need a PPPOE dialer. and only cenet can have it. hpc2000 does not.

so whats with cable, does it need software to get online if there's no router? hey i'm getting confused again...

btw what's this about usb? i do not use usb to directly connect to the modem, just a lan cable. my dsl modem isn't usb. i know there are such ones, does this matter? (i don't think so)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 30