x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wi-Fi Scanner

[Frozen]
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
Frozen
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2004-12-22 4:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is there any software available for scanning which Wi-Fi access points (and their SSIDs) are available in the neigbourhood. I understood that Ministumbler / Netstumbler ss what I was looking for, but it does not want to work on my J720. I did not report the bug (yet). My Wi-Fi card is Cisco Aironet 350.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-22 4:13 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ministumbler will work with the 720. You just need to run some mods - if you catch my drift.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2004-12-22 4:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Can you be more specific?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-22 4:50 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

PPC2000 AYGShell and MFC3 library
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-12-22 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Actually, MiniStumbler should work fine on 720.

I did have problem having the correct cab transferred automatically tho. After installation, if MiniStumbler crashes on your 720, then you got the wrong cab. Uninstall it from the H/PC, but keep it on the desktop. Then look for the correct cab in the ActiveSync folders, and manually copy it to the H/PC.
(I'll check the actual path and filename when I get home).

If it doesn't crash, but just don't seem to find the APs that it should, then there could be compatibility problems. Not all cards are supported; check www.netstumbler.com for details.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2004-12-23 4:49 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I did as instructed, thanks! I looked for the right CAB and installed it manually and Ministumbler started running. But.... It does not want to recognize my Aironet 350.

Does anybodyknow another software which does the same?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-24 7:59 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I have the same problem. It seems that we will just have to wait for a newer version of the software to come out first...I would think that there is an alternative somewhere since normal Windows finds access points for you...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-12-25 3:19 AM
#
H/PC Elder

programsynthesiser - 2004-12-24 4:59 PM

I have the same problem. It seems that we will just have to wait for a newer version of the software to come out first...I would think that there is an alternative somewhere since normal Windows finds access points for you...

NetStumbler and MiniStumbler were made with exclusive knowledge of specific wifi chips, which the author had special permission to use. Support for other chips is not very likely, but hey you never know.

Windows XP and Windows Mobile 2003 simply provide the interface, and the specific drivers do the actual work. That is why many PPC2002 wifi drivers had huge problems on WM2003. Similarly Win2k wifi drivers would not work on XP.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2004-12-25 10:43 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I contacted the author (Very kind person, quick reply!) asking him if I was doing something wrong. He confirmed that Aironet 350 is not supported, maybe it would be in future but he did not want to promise anything because he was doing it for fun. I think, there is some hope because the same card is supported by NetStumbler (which does not run on HPC...)
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-27 5:00 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Well if it works on netstumbler than it surely should work on ministumbler in the future!
 Top of the page
Catburlow
Catburlow Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 10:52 AM
#
Can somebody tell me where I can find the cab files I found in netsubler.org and stumblernet but always see the installer.exe file... and I have an apple with a pocket pc and a bridge bteween them...
Any idea for the cab?
catherineburlow@yahoo.es
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 11:20 AM
#
H/PC Elder

If I dun recall wrongly, you run it (its a windows app) on your pc, and find the cab files in your ActiveSync directory.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Elder

which would be a problem for a **Macintosh** user!

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for that either. Try contacting the author to ask for a cab file release. Explain to him you're using a Mac. Technically, we are not allowed to redistribute the files this way without the author's permission.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 8:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Most developers will understand this, and so long as you're not circumventing anything, will send out a client side installer of some description
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 12:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I still have a problem with Ministumbler and Aironet 350 - which is not supported. I am thinking of looking for another WiFi card. From the document attached to the CABs I just cannot find out which card would be OK - except I could assume that Orinoco card(s) is(are) supported. I've seen that takwu uses a Linksys card with Prism chipset. I don't even know which chip set is used for my card

Can you share your experiences with me: which card works with Ministumbler? Thanks!
 Top of the page
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 31