x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wi-Fi Scanner

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
Frozen
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 2:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Simon - 2005-11-16 7:49 PM

OK - tried ministumbler 0.4 - it just gives me a "Fatal Application Error" - 0xc0000005 / 00d3f2ac. I googled and found that others had had this problem, but no-one seems to say how they got around it. Tried also Pocket Warrior - "no compatible adapter found" maybe doesn't like the Cisco 340.
I DID find and load up the latest HPC2000 Cisco drivers - V2.10.000, but no difference.
Looks like I'm in for a long haul here - anyone here got around these problems?
S

you need to install a different cab for ministumbler. i forgot which but i have the working exe on my site, direct link to it (i forgot to link it on the page):
http://izemize.fw.hu/MiniStumbler.exe
just drop it somewhere and run it.
the bad news are that i'm afraid it won't recognize the cisco. (hm and maybe pocketwinc recognizes only the 350, not the 340.. but 350 isn't always recognized either... again, driver issue??)
a question, doesn't the cisco driver have a nice site survey? if not the hpc2000 drivers, then the 2.11 drivers. try them. if you find it, you can be happy and forget about wifi scanners!
 Top of the page
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 6:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

[actually Simon, logged in]
Many thanks CMONEX; your version of ministumbler ran fine, but I stall haven't got anything to detect the Cisco 340 yet. I read posts from several people on these forums who had got it working b4 I bought it; I'm pretty determined and will listen to anymore suggestions.
S
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry, Simon, when i deleted my double posts, your post disappeared too. it may reappear (this particular thread is buggy.. because it is too long)

anyway i still remember your post are you sure someone got cisco 340 cards workign with a wifi scanner? (hey i forgot if you mentioned which scanner) if so, i'd recommend experimenting with the drivers, versions, and not just hpc2000, but ce 2.11 drivers as well!
 Top of the page
chaos_ed
chaos_ed Page Icon Posted 2008-01-15 3:25 PM
#
Sorry to bump an old thread but I am a bit of a HPC hacking n00b and im trying to get pocket winc or pocket warrior working on my Jornada 710 (same as the 720 minus the modem and maybe less RAM?) but I get an error saying it cannot find pocketWinc (or one of its components)...

I think I need to copy some files to the windows folder

I tried the versions that cmonex kindly posted and they do the same

Have i been a complete n00b?

My wifi card is the aironet 340 which I have read can be troublesome

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to point me in the direction to a n00bs installation guide
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-15 3:38 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex has a ZIP package for each of these on her site, with all the DLL files needed:

http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

In the future please create a new thread rather than resurrecting very old threads like this that may have outdated information.

Thread frozen
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9