x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wi-Fi Scanner

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 8:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm glad that i could help.

where can i find pocketwinc free version? cirond does not offer it for download nor does google
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 9:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I use PocketWinc with my 720.I have installed the Agere Sytem WLAGS46.DLL driver suppported by PocketWinc and working in a COMPAQ WL100.The original driver I think was WL100NDS.DLL.

PocketWINC support a lot of PCMCIA Cards.
If your PCMCIA is not supported by PocketWInc you can try with another driver of another PCMCIA.It´s possible that it works.Some PocketPC Wince 3.0 drivers works on 720 too.Try can be a solution.

PocketWinc works perfect to wardriving and connects my 720 with APs at the city instantly.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-04-15 3:57 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-04-15 2:12 AM

i'm glad that i could help.

where can i find pocketwinc free version? cirond does not offer it for download nor does google

You should have read posts under this topic carefully

http://pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1052
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 12:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok. it looks like i've already got it somewhere i'll report back. i'm sure it'll work too anyway at your link that's the 2003 (wm2003 version). that will never work. i needed the ppc2002 version.

happy hacking
 Top of the page
englund
englund Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 8:39 AM
#
Ive got a dlink card for my jornada, and cant find any drivers so i downloaded pocketwinc2003 and installed it on my comp, but when i start my jornada and connects it it says its not supporting my jornada , im running hpc 2000 on my jornada and xp pro on my comp, do i have to get another version or other link between hpc and comp(active sync com1), or other os ?
i might have missed something in the thread cause my english is bad.

/englund
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 11:50 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-04-19 6:50 AM

ok. it looks like i've already got it somewhere i'll report back. i'm sure it'll work too anyway at your link that's the 2003 (wm2003 version). that will never work. i needed the ppc2002 version.

No, It is version 1.2 - dated June 2003. There are CABs with the same name inside as they came with version 2.0. The 2003 version is the PC Mag (supposed to be) free version.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 12:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Windows Mobile 2003 is CE4 based and uses its own driver model. You need HPC2000 CE3 drivers in order to use hardware like this. Not Pocket PC Drivers.

You can use the HCL to source compatible card information and any applicable drivers
 Top of the page
Englund
Englund Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 2:18 PM
#
Okey, guess i should have read some more about it. I saw ministumbler should work for j720 so i installed it but it crased, i replaced the cabs with 200 and it started, get the same problems as the other, can not find my card, the strange thing is that my card i listed as working card on http://www.stumbler.net/compat/
my card is a DWL-610 PCMIA, i know its better with cf cards, but i just got the hpc and i had a card which i didnt use so i though it could come to use. Any ideas why it wont work ?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 5:14 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Englund,
First of all, your D-Link DWL-610 is a 32-bit CardBus card, which is not supported by your device. All Handheld PC devices support only 16-bit PCMCIA cards.

MiniStumbler is not a driver. It is a utility which scans for wireless network, and requires that you have the wireless card and driver working first.

The compatibility chart you linked is for NetStumbler, which is the original version that runs on PCs, with Windows XP etc. MiniStumbler is the Windows CE version, and may not be compatible with the same wireless cards. You can check user reports on compatibility on their forums:
http://www.netstumbler.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Edited by takwu 2005-04-19 5:23 PM
 Top of the page
joseph Page Icon Posted 2005-04-20 10:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, I really need your help. I was searching for a way to get minstumbler to work on my jornada 720, and noticed that you explained about moving cab files in to where? and which Cab files? Also when I try to activate netstumbler it just says that libraries are missing. I am using a Lynksys WPC11 Ver 3 Card and its working , I also check the netstubler site for card compatability and its a go from what they say... I really need netstumbler. Please help me... My email is josegutierz@yahoo.com

Thank you.
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-04-21 11:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

A CAB file(Cabinet) is an autoinstall file for HPC.
Copy it to your HPC.
And double click on it.

The CAB that you have to copy to your PC.

Always you want to install a software you have to install some one as this :
hpc2000.
arm.
strongarm.
hpcarm.
arm_hpc
and similars formats.Valid to install some PPC software too.

Normaly the PC show this file as ZIP file if you have a ZIP program installed.
When you copy this to your HPC the icon show it in yellow as autoinstall.

Top of the page
joseph Page Icon Posted 2005-04-24 5:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got it working finally... I copied the HPC 2000 ARM CAB to the temp DIr and executed it, and booommm!! It worked!! So I appreciate your feed back and help!!!

Thanks!

JG
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-30 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

pocketwinc free version

http://izemize.fw.hu/pwincfree.zip
 Top of the page
jagg_h2o
jagg_h2o Page Icon Posted 2005-05-07 11:56 PM
#
Hi!
I've got a J720, and I maid the pocketwinc to work on it, but it does not recognize my aironet 350. can you tell me why?
Which driver and Firmware has your 350?

Thanks.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 2:25 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have a J720 and Aironet 350. Both versions of Winc work. Which driver are you using for your Aironet?
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.288 - Cached queries : 48 - Executed queries : 30