x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wi-Fi Scanner

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
jagg_h2o
jagg_h2o Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 7:52 AM
#
Excuse me,
My firmware version: V5.20.17
 Top of the page
jagg_h2o
jagg_h2o Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 7:55 AM
#
driver: 2.20.05

sorry for those repeated posts...
 Top of the page
jagg_h2o
jagg_h2o Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 10:44 AM
#
Hey! I made it!

I just updated the Cisco driver to version 2.40.03 (I found it at Cisco web)

and pocketwinc recognized the card!

Thanks
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 3:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I am glad you managed it! I did not do much for you but if I triggered you to go again to look for a newer driver - better than nothing
 Top of the page
henkjohn Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 1:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Just started using pocket winc 2.0 on my pocket loox 720 with win 2003 mobile se and I've installed the program in the sd memory. The program opens fine and after configuring the wep keys for the 2 preferred networks tey both seem to connect fine until I exit and shut off the built in wireless. Next time I am in vicinity of the network seems like I have to reconfigure things to get it to connect again. There is a built in program called connectmobility E2C (that also works with built in bluetooth, gprs/gsm, but bluetooth rf is turned off). I don't use this program, so it is not running at the same time as winc. I think the problem lies in its remembering the wep key for the preferred networks when I start winc. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to reload the program into the ppc main memory instead of the sd card. hopefully I won't sound like a complete idiot as I'm just becoming familiar with the different os on the ppc, but it seems like you are the expert here on pocket winc and I was wondering if you had any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong. This seems like a great program and everything else seems to function correctly once I am connected to the network.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 2:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry, but we have no idea about the loox 720 here it's an HPC forum. try to get help on ppcmag or ppcthoughts forum.
(i can say only that don't use the version posted here, it's strictly for hpc's)
 Top of the page
henkjohn Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 5:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry about that, thanks for the other forums to look at. Just a quick update though, it seems the problem happens once I turn off the wireless rf and then back on. When I first put the wifi settings in the ppc (before I installed pocket winc) I noticed that unless the wireless was turned on, the network settings window did not exist at all (drove me crazy trying to find the config window) I've been playing with those settings and it seems to be an issue of the 2 places where the settings reside not talking to each other once the wireless is turned back on. Everything is remembered as long as the wireless stays on. I'm going to try loading pocket winc in the main memory storage instead of the sd memory.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 5:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah it seems quite complicated, no idea about what it could be. hope reinstall into ram will solve it.
 Top of the page
Alex
Alex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 11:18 AM
#
Hello all. I'm new at this forum and I own a J720. I'm not too tech savvy beyond the normal wordprocessing and surfing the net. I have installed the PocketWinc free version as supplied in this thread. A few questions since I have installed the software.

1) It worked like a charm on the day I installed it. I scanned the neighborhood and found many WIFI networks around. I was able to get onto the net. I have been tinkering with it, trying to find out the various functions of the software.

I tried to access the internet the next day again. This time round, I wasnt able to. It has a message "You are denied access by Active Control List". My question, why cant I access any of the networks now?

2) I noticed at some point, this message appeared "Requesting IP address" while I was scanning the area. What does this mean especially since I dont have a wireless network in my home?

3) Security wise, while on WIFI, is it possible for someone to access into my J720? If yes what should be done to.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 11:32 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

1) huh, i have no idea what the problem could be.
pocketwinc works for me, i have never had any problem with it, but i'm not using the free version, so i can't help you with that just trying to guess.
maybe they (your neighbours) secured their networks?? though it's unlikely
do you still see the SSIDs? try to select one and if that doesn't work, select another one. if you find an SSID that allows you to get on the internet, just stick to that one.

2) of course you don't have wlan at home but at another wlan network you'll need an IP. but again, i've never seen this message..

3) good question though i was never worried about it. someone has any ideas?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 11:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'll leave the first two to a WiFi user, but on number three, so long as you do not have any servers running (and you will have had to specifically install them first yourself), your device does not allow for sharing of network resources, or suffer from the broadcast problems of mainstream Windows. Also viruses and trojans will not be a problem for it.

So you are good to go.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 11:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

another idea... what model is your wifi card? maybe ministumbler would work too if you can't sort out your pocketwinc problems. sorry if you have already tried ministumbler
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 11:40 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

lol, i should've thought of that (no means for sharing with windowsce)
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 1:29 PM
#
H/PC Elder

If you are trying access internet thru your neighbor's wireless networks without their permission, it would be illegal in the first place.

Your neighbors might have set WiFi security so you cannot access their networks without their keys anymore. However the error you got may be simply caused by your browser's incompatibility.

As mentioned before, your system cannot be attacked directly as long as you aren't running server applications. And you do not need to worry about viruses either. However, any information you send out or recceive while connected to a publicly accessible wireless network has the risk of being intercepted. Do not check emails or webmails (hotmail) or login to anything (websites, passports, instant messaging etc) while you're on such a network. Delete all cookies before connecting to such a network.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 1:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah, takwu i take it you like being paranoid
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.266 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 9