x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wi-Fi Scanner

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
wifi guy
wifi guy Page Icon Posted 2005-06-22 10:08 PM
#
Take a look at this product. http://www.wifijp.com
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 4:35 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Alex - 2005-06-01 10:53 AM

"Constructing environment file" and "Cannot save file" and then it prompts for license key?!?

You have probably installed NetFront to CF. If you installed it to default directory it would be able to "save files". There is a way how to workaround it, also described in the forum. I have not test it and I don't remember in what thread
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 6:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

vjurkas - 2005-06-23 10:35 PM

Alex - 2005-06-01 10:53 AM

"Constructing environment file" and "Cannot save file" and then it prompts for license key?!?

You have probably installed NetFront to CF. If you installed it to default directory it would be able to "save files". There is a way how to workaround it, also described in the forum. I have not test it and I don't remember in what thread

hey it isn't a problem if you install netfront on CF. who cares about cache. only disadvantage is the slow starting up (but once i solved it somehow.. no idea how - i'm running it from ram now on the 728).

it wants the license key because the version you downloaded isn't the trial one but the full version... get the trial if you want to try it... it's fully functional except you can't open more than two tabs, but again, who cares as the 720 doesn't have enough ram to allow for more than two tabs. and the full version allows for 5 only too.. (my 728 could handle more, so what a pity, that netfront won't allow me more)
 Top of the page
Alex
Alex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 9:59 PM
#
Ah...thats what I did - install NetFront in CF. Anyway got Netfront to run but it takes a while to start and it always start with an error message. But no compliant here since it does work.
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 12:01 AM
#
We need stickies or a forum for ppc-hpc hacks. Reinvent wheels is tedious.

Install Nf to ram, launch it, then cut and past the .exe to your CF card.
No more errors and a working cache.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 2:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah i forgot to tell that to him, good that you did it now
stickies yeah!!
hmmm at last i'll have now time to write a complete manual about hacks and about certain programs too. what do you think?
 Top of the page
Alex
Alex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 5:08 AM
#
Thats a cool idea. Maybe having a central depository for all programs as well...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 9:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what kind of depository? for hexedited pocketpc programs or what?

if you just want a good collection of hpc2000 software that already exists.
 Top of the page
Pete_
Pete_ Page Icon Posted 2005-08-30 10:24 AM
#
Hi,

I've been looking for a wi-fi scanner compatible with the Jornada 690. Does anyone know of such a thing? It almost feels no software was written for it!

Pete
 Top of the page
krevo Page Icon Posted 2005-09-09 2:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I get the error : Unable to locate adapter. If it was turned off, please turn it on now.

PocketWinc just wont work with my Aironet 350 and I'm selling it now. Tired of screwing around with firmware and drivers. If I setup up my current drivers, I can input my wep key for my 2Wire and be on instantly.

This just won't work for any wifi scanning software, and I'm fed up.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-09 5:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

mhmm, is it hpc2000? it should work.
or get a nice prism2 based card (not pretec) and you won't have problems with ministumbler.
 Top of the page
Simon
Simon Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 5:25 AM
#
Got a Cisco 340 from ebay for my 720; lights flash and Aironet picked it up right away. However - when I launch Pocket Winc - which I got from the previously mentioned site - PWINCFREE -the app launches and then a dialog pops up" Unable to locate adapter. This application will be closed."
*What I did*
I had installed the hexcirond cab and clicked on it (which gives me a /program files/pocketWINC dir with the .exe file, a help file and a cleanup exe)
I dropped the dlls from the zip (aygshell, doclst, mfcce301, olece300 & iphlpapi) into the windows dir.
I'm very keen to make this work, and will take any advice I'm given. Thanks.
S
 Top of the page
bbence
bbence Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 10:10 AM
#
Try ministumbler if you can't get pocketwinc to work. I couldn't, so I did the same thing.
 Top of the page
Simon
Simon Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 1:49 PM
#
OK - tried ministumbler 0.4 - it just gives me a "Fatal Application Error" - 0xc0000005 / 00d3f2ac. I googled and found that others had had this problem, but no-one seems to say how they got around it. Tried also Pocket Warrior - "no compatible adapter found" maybe doesn't like the Cisco 340.
I DID find and load up the latest HPC2000 Cisco drivers - V2.10.000, but no difference.
Looks like I'm in for a long haul here - anyone here got around these problems?
S
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 2:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

bbence - 2005-11-16 4:10 PM

Try ministumbler if you can't get pocketwinc to work. I couldn't, so I did the same thing.

pocketwinc is compatible with many more wifi cards... if you couldn't start pocketwinc, check out our site, there are the working versions.....
cisco will never work with ministumbler.. it sometimes works with pwinc-
and i don't know if it is driver dependant or whatever, because not all of the cisco cards work with it.

Simon, i can't get my separate reply for you posted (it will get posted later.. maybe it1ll take hours or even days...), so i'll edit this post and copy my original reply here:

you need to install a different cab for ministumbler. i forgot which but i have the working exe on my site, direct link to it (i forgot to link it on the page):
http://izemize.fw.hu/MiniStumbler.exe
just drop it somewhere and run it.
the bad news are that i'm afraid it won't recognize the cisco. (hm and maybe pocketwinc recognizes only the 350, not the 340.. but 350 isn't always recognized either... again, driver issue??)
a question, doesn't the cisco driver have a nice site survey? if not the hpc2000 drivers, then the 2.11 drivers. try them. if you find it, you can be happy and forget about wifi scanners!
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 30