x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sig3 MUI pack status and requests

matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 1:59 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi all

i'm testing the "B" (read: second) version of the Sigmarion III MUI translation pack/cab, so far, it has done pretty fine, but before i consider it ready, i need something that the pack is currently lacking, and i hope it to be included in the "C" version.

As i'm a programming noob and i don't have the time right now to learn how to do it, i'm asking for help to make the following piece of software.

I need a simple exe (to be placed in "\Windows\Programs" ) that can move all the files in the default Sig "Programs" folder (the one in japanese chars) to the standard "\Windows\Programs" dir. That program will be distributed in the same cab where all the MUI files and reg hacks currently live, and will be released under the name "0409-B", needless to say, you will be given full credit for all the work done.

The reason for the request is because the MUIs cannot change the dir to where wceload.exe creates shortcuts, which is the default jap dir ("\windows\[5 jap chars here]" ), so the workaround is making this app and making the user launch it after every software installation, so that his shortcuts are moved from the jap dir to "\Windows\Programs".

I think every user of a Sig3 will be grateful with the one who does it.

After the request, here comes the status report of the new "-B" file

A) Translation
-Everything the "A" release translated (Basic MUI translation)
-Explorer icons
"My Device"
"Databases"
"Desktop"
"Recycle Bin"

-Storage manager card names
CF Card
SD/MMC Card
USB Floppy*
USB CDROM*
USB HDD*

*When using NTT Docomo/NEC USB Mass storage driver, other drivers untested

B) Miscellaneous
-Populates the desktop with icons
-Replaces the yen sign ( "¥" ) with a backslash ( "\" )
-Changes the Internet Explorer accepted language to "en-us", instead of "jp"

The "B" version doesn't fix the Flash incompatibility yet, so, if you want to use Macromedia Flash, please do not install it. I'm currently working on it, but it's still too soon to know whether it'll be fixable in future releases or not. In any event, when get a conclusion, i'll let you know.

I will release the "B" pack shortly for testing, and if a dev makes the menu updater exe, the "C" version will follow shortly.

Questions and bugs can be addressed by 3 ways:
-Creating a new thread in the CE4/5 section (please don't use THIS thread for that)
-In Y! groups mailing list
-Via private e-mail to me

If you've done reading this far, i want to thank you a lot for your patience.

Edited by matrixcore 2006-02-04 2:23 AM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 4:30 AM
#
H/PC Elder

You're welcome. Patience is my hobby

About the shortcut creation problem... How does wceload.exe decide where to create the shortcuts? If it is hardcoded in the exe (unlikely, but possible) then you can simply replace the exe with an "English" version. If it gets that info somewhere else (registry?), then you'd have to fix it there.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 7:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-02-04 10:30 AM

About the shortcut creation problem... How does wceload.exe decide where to create the shortcuts? If it is hardcoded in the exe (unlikely, but possible) then you can simply replace the exe with an "English" version. If it gets that info somewhere else (registry?), then you'd have to fix it there.

it is hard coded but an english wceload didn1t solve the problem. but maybe it was a cenet 4.2 wceload we tried... i cant recall it very well, ... matrixcore?

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-04 7:59 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 8:03 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

matrixcore, why doesnt the cab include removing the japanese char input?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 8:36 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

That's simple enough - I'll try to get it done this week...
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 12:43 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2006-02-04 7:03 AM

matrixcore, why doesnt the cab include removing the japanese char input?

@Cmonex: That's a very good question... here's the very good answer...
because i forgot

@Takwu: about the wceload thingie... we tried to replace it with an english version, but it didn't worked, so we assume it's not hard-coded in the exe, but instead hidden in a very very very dark place (read: somewhere darker than the registry)... which we've been unable to find, despite our best efforts, and we're unlikely to find it at all.

@Chiark: we'll all be thankful if you did such a proggie.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 9:47 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Right, this is what it'll do:

- Present a UI with options, those being:
- Sync direction (Japanese to English, English to Japanese, Both)
- Location of English "shadow" directory
- Confirmation required, or no user interaction required

- Icon on sys tray to present UI
- Icon also shows notification when activity is happening
- Set a watch on appropriate directory (directories) using FindFirstChangeNotification() API call
- Wait for notifications... and act on 'em

That's about it!

Cheers,
nick.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10