x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Neta 980 IR Port / Neta 980 Bugs

1 2 3 4 5 6
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-04 6:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh how much i hate those sites that cant get registered both with a www and without

the worst sites are that dont work with www, only without
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-05 10:11 AM
#
David G,

What type of NE2000 NIC PCMCIA card did you have? I cannot get this CF card to work properly. Rather than risk buying the newer version only to find that it doesn’t work I’d rather find one that have been known to work.
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-05-05 11:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I racked my old brain to try to remember the manufacturer of the card....

Finally, using the internet ( http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/peripherals/pccardethernet.htm ) I found the name:

IC-Card CT (note: I remember looking up the part number on this card several years ago and it had the same number (Part Number, FCC, or similar) as a DLINK card.)

I bought this card at a flea market several years ago. It came complete with a big old dongle (That could handle several different type of lan connections).

(remember I used the term "swear I remember it working". I still stand by it, not 100% sure, but at least 79% sure. - I tested everything I had on the Neta when I first got it. I don't remember having problems with it.)

In a couple of weeks, I should be able to borrow the card from my friend's daughter (when she returns from school) to test it and ascertain that it did, in fact, work...

Also, In the back of the Neta manual it lists some cards that work with machine. You may want to check and see if there are any lan cards. I can't give the cards names at this time because I don't have my manual with me.

DG
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-05 11:54 AM
#
Thanks. I’ll have to check my manual. RTFM.
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-05 5:54 PM
#
My manual has a load of correction sheets glued in. All the cards listed, both CF and PCMCIA, are wireless.

According to the original notes about the programs that were to be in the OS distro, I think it was better than what they ended up going with.
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 11:08 AM
#
There are a lot of 4.2 programs that simply will not run on this tablet. One of my old favorites, GSPLayer, generates a long list of coredll.dll errors.

Cmonex,

I asked before just to check, but what set of extra dlls should I have on this unit? Most of the programs work properly by using the 301 hexedit (where applicable) and GAPI, but I’m also seeing some programs that use to function of the X-Pilot citing wrong processor on the NETA. I am using the ARM version of the program. Is that a common issue?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 1:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

DataHaunt, check out the mediaplayer cenet thread about gsplayer.. heck ok i'll post the direct link here too http://izemize.fw.hu/GSPlayer.exe try this!

as for the CPU thing, it is quote common with some cenet devices... show me such an app, and we'll fix it hopefully. i'd guess it says armv4i about itself, and that's easily fixable, but i need to see the program to be sure.
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 2:56 PM
#
That worked for the most part.

I meant to tell you earlier as well that the copy of pocketwarrior that you have on your site worked like a champ on the tablet.

Let me check again into the app(s) giving me the CPU errors.

Edited by DataHaunt 2006-05-09 3:08 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 4:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

glad to hear pocketwinc works..

looking forward to the cpu errors.
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 7:33 PM
#
When I ran into a program that generated that error, I normally deleted them. One I still have that does list the wrong CPU is Tweaks2K2.NET Lite.

If you could tell me how to edit or address this problem, I would be grateful.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 8:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, open the exe in a hexeditor and search for c2 01 (hexa). if you find one close to the the beginning of the file (i repeat, close to the start of the file!), edit it to c0 01 and lets see what happens
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 9:06 PM
#
Okay, I found the c2 01 close to the beginning of the exe. Unfortunately, the same error is generated by a dll. I edited the DLL in the same fashion and the exe errors out. This program is not that important, but I can test this fix for some others.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 9:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm, well, maybe theres another problem with the program?

this fix does work at other times
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 9:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Wow,

Thanks, a working version of GSPlayer. I've been using TCPMP (great program - but overkill and not as well suited for streaming radio.

Its great to have a version that works on my Neta..

DG
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-15 12:03 PM
#
I’ve got one other issue with GSPlayer and some other apps while configuring the NETA to work with GAPI. The only profile available for the NETA is 16 bit video. Under this setting, there are a few programs that do not display properly. For example, GSPlayer’s text is darker than the programs background and in GSfinder, the icons are just black shadows.

I can just run the NETA in a higher graphic mode, but it is a pain to have to reboot every time I want to use something requiring GAPI. I have tried some of the X-Pilot definitions but none of them work. I plan on writing the author(s) of GAPI to see if there is a possible fix for this.

Anyone else have a similar problem or is this just a quirk of the NETA?

Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9