x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Neta 980 IR Port / Neta 980 Bugs

1 2 3 4 5 6
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-05-15 3:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I wrote the folks at Wincesoft a while back (Frank?). They are under the impression it works with the the highest color depth settings on the Neta. You are correct (I have the same problem ... ) that it will not work except in the 16bit mode. As a result, you get some crazy colors on icons and controls.

Maybe, you can get them to take another look at the Neta video, and make a small, but important, fix to their superb software.

DG

Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 10:02 AM
#
I contacted Frank at Wincesoft. Here is the reply so far:

GAPI for HPC's supports for some Windows CE devices also other color depths than 16bit, but currently not for the NETA 980.
Most (perhaps all) of the available GAPI applications uses 16bit and won't work with 24bit.

We are still discussing the problem.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 10:20 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

the neta has a 24bit display??
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 2:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-05-16 10:20 AM

the neta has a 24bit display??

32-bit display, actually. At least that's what the Viewpad 100 has, and I'm assuming the Abocom/NETA versions of the same are also 32-bit color depth. It sure is slow trying to display a 6 megapixel JPEG file at 32-bit color though.
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 3:17 PM
#
The resolution settings I have are 65536, 16777216 and true color.

BTW, the GAPI problem does not have a solution. It appears that all the apps that GAPI is meant to address only run as 16bit. 24bit is for developers and may/will lead to problems.

I’m not convinced that on the NETA that GAPI is needed. Early in my program testing, I ran a calculator program that was windowed and ran nicely. After GAPI is installed, it now runs full screen.

Edited by DataHaunt 2006-05-16 3:17 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 4:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

32? ooops. my tft wont allow me to set more than 24..
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 10:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Oh well, unless something comes along and allows a resolution change on the fly we are stuck using the control panel app to do the color depth change and restart.

Could be worse... we might have to wait for XP to boot...

DG
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 7:24 PM
#
Okay, I’m trying to work on the Resco Explorer problem again.

I can get the PDA version to work, but since it’s layout if for a PDA, it is not that functional.

The errors I’m getting are related to functions not found in ceshell.dll. Since I am using CE.NET 4.1, is it possible to copy the 4.2 ceshell, rename it and reference it via hexedit or execheck to correct the issues?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 7:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

which is the pda version? i'd like to check it out.

ceshell: not a bad idea... i'll get you one
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 8:22 PM
#
You can find the 2005 PDA version here. http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/downloads.asp

I tested the 2003 version and was able to get it to work but like I said, it was meant for a PDA. This results in a band of the desktop at the top being visible and the menu bar is at the bottom.

I can email you the 2003 CAB version I have and one HPC DLL file I used to get the PDA version to work.

If I could find an earlier version of the HPC Explorer, say for HPC 2000, I think my problems with this program would be solved.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 8:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what dll did you use? you can email them to contactchan (at) freemail.hu
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 9:04 PM
#
The DLL was RFileShare.dll. I emailed it as well as the PDA CAB file.
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 7:01 PM
#
While testing my CF cards, I ran across something odd. It also lends to the idea that the NETA 980 has undergone some physical alterations from its previous Abocom/Viewsonic versions.

As I mentioned before, my NE2000 CF NIC which worked in the X-Pilot not only did not work but locked up the Neta 980.

I have several CF storage cards including a 2.2GB microdrive. The 1GB works, but the 2.2GB fails. Since I had to reset the NETA to default again, I though I’d test the NE2000 CF card again. This time however, I have my extended battery connected. The NETA was trying to initialize the CF card, but the network icon would appear and disappear.

This got me thinking about similar issues with the other CE devices I have seen over the years. The answer was power. To make a long story short, both the 2.2GB microdrive and the NE2000 NIC work in the PC Card slot.

I was able to use the NE2000 NIC in the CF clot in the X-Pilot. Odd, but at least on of my major met peeves with the NETA versus the X-Pilot has been solved.
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 10:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

DataHaunt - 2006-05-18 6:01 PM
This got me thinking about similar issues with the other CE devices I have seen over the years. The answer was power. To make a long story short, both the 2.2GB microdrive and the NE2000 NIC work in the PC Card slot.

I was able to use the NE2000 NIC in the CF clot in the X-Pilot. Odd, but at least on of my major met peeves with the NETA versus the X-Pilot has been solved.

I feel better... I was thinking I was going nuts when I advised you that I had successfully used a NE2000 card in my Neta. I guess I was right (for a change) it was a PCMCIA card...

DG
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2006-06-01 11:42 AM
#
Just another thing to consider when it comes to the NETA 980 and support. Last week, my main battery stopped charging. I contacted Futurecom Global for warranty.

After getting a nasty-gram regarding the “all sales final” portion of the eBay auction that I purchased the tablet under, I was informed that the new battery would have to be purchased, albeit at a reduced cost.

It appears that the one-year warranty that comes with the NETA 980 is not a full one-year warranty when it comes to all that it covers.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10