x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 Icons disappeared!

xsohaib Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, I am new to this forum and new to the world of HHPC's. I have a Jornada 720 and was playing some music off of the 2gb CF flash card when I paused the media player and when I wanted to un pause it, the 720 seemed as if it froze. I used a soft reset and rest the pc and when it started back up, there was a blue screen and no icons at all, there is no trash can icon and no "My hand held pc" icon. Although I can access everything fine from the start menu. I would appreciate any help in this matter. I would like to get the "My handheld pc" icon and the trashcan icon back on the desktop. Oh and I bought the Jornada used, and it did not come with any CD's or software.

Thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 8:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just a tentative guess.. can you check how much free program ram you have allocated in the control panel / system applet? you should allocate at least 20 mb for programs to have a stable machine. and iirc icons do need some ram as well.
 Top of the page
xsohaib Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 8:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yup, it was a little low (16mb), I set it at 24mb, but still no icons on the desktop
 Top of the page
xsohaib Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 9:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Problem fixed.
All I had to do was go to the "run" under the start menu, typed in "explorer" and Made a shortcut for the My documents on the desktop, then I soft reset the machine and whoala, the fixed icons reappeared, however if I remove this newly created "My documents icon" then the other icons dissappear also, but I can live with that

Thanks
 Top of the page
Wessex_Nut
Wessex_Nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 1:33 AM
#
YIKES!!! Sounds like a regiestery (Sp?) problem, my 718 did simliar things with the volume and other strange beaviour when comming out of standby, I fixed it by doing a hard reset, then loading everything back manually, not from a backup, as the problem returned.

(Oh, yes, this is Wessex_Nut, I should have 205 posts, roughly, but I can't be bothered to log on to my dads Ferrari laptop).
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 26