x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

720 battery runtime

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 4:53 AM
#
H/PC Elder

6 hours of continuous wifi with the brightness set halfway and the battery meter just now dropped to 16% This is with the standard battery pack. The vendor said the pack had been rebuilt but I can't see any marks where it's been opened. So either new cells were beamed in or it's still factory sealed.

It seemed to drop faster from 100% to 50% then to go from 50% to 16%. I'm using my Symbol 24 CF wifi card. I knew it was easy on the battery but wow. I know my pcmcia prism cards are harder on the battery. My DCF660 is somewhere between the Symbol and pcmcia prisms.

Anyway, that's pretty good performance IMO. From my casual use of my extended battery pack I'm guessing it might run 3-5 times longer than the standard pack. Amazing.

I have to test how long my battery will last using my microdrive. IIRC, someone said a md was pretty hard on the battery. Maybe with my miserly Symbol using a microdrive won't be so bad.

This is giving me some motivation to rebuild my 6651s/MPs yada yada.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 7:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, a 720 with a brand new never used never discharged std 1500 mAh battery will last 5 full hours with continuous wifi according to my tests

one of my batteries is rebuilt in such a way that it is really difficult to notice it has ever been taken apart the other looks quite ugly though

each of the rebuilt 2400s lasts over 8 hours (close to 9!) with continuously and actively used wlan (all tests carried out with a prism cf wlan)

so thats one of the reasons why the j728 is one of my fav hpcs (others are size and that it is just soooo nice. invented just for me )

btw, giving you more motivation for the rebuild: i just tested three intermec batteries, all three (each) easily lasted almost 5 hours with the same wifi test too bad i could keep only one so, thats 8 hrs of wifi for my intermec with my first batt ))
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 9:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We should all sit down and come up with a standard battery performance benchmark system. A certain video file in TCPMP, full backlight, full conrast/brightness and time until the low battery warning. Could be amusing if enough people join in to provide results for different devices.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 3:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes!! i'll create a new thread on this

(our only problem will be that many batteries are old but still.. it's a very good idea)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8