x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Deciding tween a MP790 and J720

1 2 3
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-02-06 8:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

MP790 ... I like the MP 790 better because of the VGA out port, MIPS processor (I can use all sorts of CE software from CE 1.0-3.0), and it is Larger and much more of a laptop...

I like the J720 for just a few reasons: USB connectivity, and it can run lots of PPC apps...
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-02-06 10:05 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sorry, cmonex, I just got home from work. The posted link should take you to the proper download, my French isn't what it used to be.

Warning! it takes a while to unzip the install. After install just type GEM from a pocketdos cursor. The German site I got it from wasn't really clear. Or my Deutsch is getting rusty, as well. Ich sprecht nicht sehr gut.

Hey! don't forget to try ARACHNE browser as well, Google it, it originated in the Czech Republic, iirc, there is a Polskie site as well.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 3:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

stftclmshell - 2006-02-06 7:05 PM

Ich sprecht nicht sehr gut.

Aber nicht schlecht.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 7:26 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow too much deutsch here i'm just planning to take up german again and get to the intermediate level (and pass an exam at that level) by the summer it is amazing what you can do with a second language (english for me). ok you're all english natively but learning german would show you a few new things.

GEM: thanks for the tips, and i'll definitely try arachne too i have heard about it but never used it, is it better than IE4?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 1:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, I learned a lot about the English language when I took German in high school. Trouble is, no one around here speaks German. Maybe I should have taken Spanish.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well there are some hpc pages in german

also you can get to know new people with any language on the internet.

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-07 1:48 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 2:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Trouble is, it's been so long (neunundzwanzig Yahren) that I don't know how much I remember. But after learning a second language, I really came to appreciate how hard a language English is to learn.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 5:28 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

This time around, I would probably go with a 790. But now with the active Linux development...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 6:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-02-07 8:17 PM

Trouble is, it's been so long (neunundzwanzig Yahren) that I don't know how much I remember. But after learning a second language, I really came to appreciate how hard a language English is to learn.

nope, english isnt that hard to learn.
german is much harder regarding the more complicated grammer.. it is very logical actually but you have to remember the gender of nouns and probably it is not easy to handle the 48 cases for adjectives put before nouns especially if you want to be able to do that *automatically*. on the other hand after a little practice now i can use english grammar automatically (..does not necessarily mean perfectly ) .. if you understand what i mean..
then we didnt even mention french ok i never studied french but the grammar seems to be more difficult than german (not sure if it's logical at all.)
at least the vocab is easy after english

finally, the most cool thing to do is totally OFF'ing a thread

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-07 6:27 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 8:58 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Cmonex what is your native language? I know English (of course) Spanish, and am in my second ASL (American Sign Language) class. I hope to be fluent in more soon. I am trying to learn Chinese.

Edited by Yoldering 2006-02-07 9:04 PM
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 9:17 PM
#
Vielleicht koennen wir auf Deutsch sprechen. Ich konnte mit dir mein Deutsch üben.

Hehehe.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 9:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Yoldering - 2006-02-08 2:58 AM

Cmonex what is your native language? I know English (of course) Spanish, and am in my second ASL (American Sign Language) class. I hope to be fluent in more soon. I am trying to learn Chinese.

dont you see where i live? thats where i was born .. so yes my native language is hungarian

wow asl, i would never have the patience to learn it. congrats on trying it!

chinese, thats even harder all my respect is yours just an example, before the mui translation i had the opportunity to see Yes and No in japanese many times a day and i cannot remember them never could.

but what about my native language? i think it is as difficult as chinese... our grammar is certainly not simple!! everyone thinks that just because we have a free word order in our language thats easier to learn. nope. there are many and more sophisticated little rules so it isnt really free.. then i didnt even talk about the many ways of conjugation of verbs am glad that i had to learn english later and not the other way around )

so, i'll be sticking to the three of english, german and french. maybe spanish too.

and now stop the offtopic
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

cmonex - 2006-02-07 8:53 PM

Yoldering - 2006-02-08 2:58 AM

dont you see where i live? thats where i was born .. so yes my native language is hungarian

wow asl, i would never have the patience to learn it. congrats on trying it!

chinese, thats even harder all my respect is yours just an example, before the mui translation i had the opportunity to see Yes and No in japanese many times a day and i cannot remember them never could.

but what about my native language? i think it is as difficult as chinese... our grammar is certainly not simple!! everyone thinks that just because we have a free word order in our language thats easier to learn. nope. there are many and more sophisticated little rules so it isnt really free.. then i didnt even talk about the many ways of conjugation of verbs am glad that i had to learn english later and not the other way around )

so, i'll be sticking to the three of english, german and french. maybe spanish too.

and now stop the offtopic

Now days you never know where someone was born unless you ask. I started to learn German but had no time at the time. I will try again soon. I do not know about French. I took three semesters of Latin but, that does not mean I am fluent... I AM AWFULL AT SPELLING IN ALL LANGUAGES THOUGH. Something about being dyslexic/dysgraphic. I wonder if being left-handed adds something to it? Sorry for being off topic!!!

Edited by Yoldering 2006-02-07 10:18 PM
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 10:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Eu falla portuges mais o menos. I read it pretty well. I went to Brasil for a 3 DAY BUSINESS TRIP, THAT LASTED 37 DAYS. I was stuck in a refinery for 12 hours a day. About 3 people new any English. I do a lot of business in South America, so I've learned to read Portugese and Spanish pretty well.

I go thru Aruba several times a year. Now they have a cool language. The official is Dutch. The locals use papiamente, a blend of Spanish, Portugese and Caccique and most of it is spelled just like it sounds.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, The Arachne browser is something I use on old pc's, due to it's low resource demands.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 10:36 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

abyssknight - 2006-02-07 8:17 PM

Vielleicht koennen wir auf Deutsch sprechen. Ich konnte mit dir mein Deutsch üben.

Hehehe.
I need the practice in German Any time. I think there should be a new thread... Something like "all language practice welcome" or something along those lines.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.205 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10