x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SL4 registry oddity

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 3:10 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I posted here as this might cover both hpc2k and cenet.

I'm without mysl4 manual but read online that changes to the sl4 registry must be forcibly written to flash or they disappear at the next soft reset. Ok,that explains a lot. Everything I installed was vanishing after each soft reset. The other irritant about this is the fact Siemens says the flash is only good for 5000 writes. I hope they're not including the forced registry updates.

Anyone have their manual handy or recall how I force the registry changes to be written to flash?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 7:17 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, no, i cannot believe siemens did this. where did you read this idea?

what was disappearing after a soft reset for you?

5000 read / writes: if would of course include the registry updates, but it means you can write a bit 5000 times. (but i think you know that )
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 12:06 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Everything vanishes after a soft reset !! Programs, registry changes, icons. I get all the weird problems, eh? Lucky me

I read about the forced write nonsense in an sl4 review at ppcmag while googling. I didn't beleive it at first but it explains a lot. Maybe my sl4 needs a clean flash from scratch so I may as well try cenet.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11