x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Driver for Netgear usb adapter

Dave
Dave Page Icon Posted 2004-12-23 6:29 PM
#
Does anyone know if there is a driver available for the Netgear wg111 usb wireless adapter?

When I plug it in my PenCentra200 asks for the driver and I don't know what to tell it
Thanks
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-12-23 9:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

It probably doesn't exist...

Manufacturers usually do not provide WinCE drivers for USB devices. And since this is a "g" adapter, there's even less chance of a generic driver.

It's better for you to get a CF or 16-bit PC Card adapter that is compatible. Check the hardware compatibility library on this site.

If you must use the USB port for wireless, I'm afraid it's not easy, but slightly possible. I've heard one (and only one) report that a very specific USB wireless b adapter works with reference drivers (that normally only developers can get) on a Pocket PC. Here's the whole story:
http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113899
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-01-28 3:33 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Just wanna give a heads up that the thread I linked above has been updated significantly since I posted it.

They got the D-Link USB stick-style WiFi adapter to work (which btw is getting very cheap around here), so it's possible you can get other adapters of the same chipset to work as well.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.127 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9