x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ActiveSync keeps conking out during synching

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 11:40 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

My ActiveSync keeps conking out and disconnecting while I am synching - especially if I put a file to sync in the device's desktop synchronisation file. This is with my MobilePro 790.

There is plenty of RAM on the device. I am working on an old laptop with only 128mb and usually multitasking with several programs up. Also when I sync, MobiPocket is usually syncing the news in the background.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 2:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Usually connection drop outs are caused by an error in the carrier wave on the cable. This is generally systematic of a hardware issue - although a software error cannot be ruled out.

Cleaning the pins on the PC/HPC/Cable, ensuring that there are no kinks in the cable - trying another one if possible are usually good first steps.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 2:53 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks, C:Amie. I hope it's not the cable - because that is costly. I just bought the cable in December. I don't like spending money twice.

It did sync - installing one program and syncing files after a conk out this morning. I think the electrical connection at times gets loose and that stops the syncing because it goes on standby after a minute or two. But then it conks out - without when I know the electrical adapter is plugged in good.

I was wondering if I was syncing too much at once, or whether it was a memory issue on my laptop.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 1:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Are you synching at 115200 bps? If so try reducing it to 56Kbps.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 4:20 PM
#
H/PC Elder

My 790 synched in a flash every time. It was 100% reliable. However, my 800 would drop the connection at least once each try with AS, using the same cable and desktop partner.

I have concluded ce 2.11 is so miserably slow it fails at simple things, like AS. But hpc2k is speedier, but not all hpc2k iterations are as good.

On to my desktop. When I sync my 6651 my desktop spins its wheels a lot, sometimes to the point of dropping the connection. I have concluded that my desktop could be faster and maybe it wouldn't drop my 6651 connection.

If you can try another partner.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 9:11 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks, C:Amie and Wally for the good advise. I will try your suggestions next time I'm working on the MobilePro.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9