x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Transferring files Jornada 720 & SE K700i by Bluetooth

zacnici Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 9:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi

As you may have seen from my other posts I have finally 'toothed my J720 and having teething problems to say the least. I am using a Socket CF in a PC card adaptor and using the 120G drivers.

It would be awfully nice to transfer files e.g. pictures taken with the K700i camera to the J720 and perhaps vice versa, but have come up against a brick wall.

On my phone if I select a file, select send by bluetooth and select my Jornada the phone tries to send the file but comes up with connection failed.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
John
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 5:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

do you have the OBEX driver installed? it is a separate driver for socket bt.

it will place a very nice nice remote file browser on your desktop on the hpc, maybe it can browse the phone, or at least the phone should be able to send with this protocol...?
 Top of the page
zacnici Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 3:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ah right, sorry I'm learning this stuff as I go along. I do try and search on this forum and other newsgroups but sometimes I don't pick up on things like this.

Thanks once again
 Top of the page
zacnici Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 6:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Right, as ever things are never as straightforward as they should be. The OBEX driver available from Socket (obex120J) does not support the J720. However, working on the basis that the 120G driver was the only driver that will support the CF BT card in the J720 I did a trawl for 'obex' '120G'. Sure enough I found a refernce to that in a Socket forum that was unanswered. After some searching I found a download for the obex120G at the following link:

http://www.itoka.com/cn/download/socket/bluetooth/BTCEobexENG120G.exe

Hoorah, this has worked
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

geez, i couldve spared you these efforts by sending along the obex driver i wasnt at home though.. glad youve been able to sort it out!
 Top of the page
zacnici Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 10:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the offer. I must admit I was quite pleased with myself to figure out that I needed the 120G OBEX driver and found it on a Japanese site.

Hopefully if anyone else is like me and not very clued up on these things they will find the info and the link useful.

Regards
John
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-02-20 4:46 AM
#
zacnici... one not very clued on 'anyone' has found both the info and the link useful!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11