x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 & SE K700i Bluetooth sychronising Contacts

zacnici Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 9:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi

Thanks for all your patience, I've had my J720 for about a year and thoroughly pleased (big hand to Softmaker for making me finally drop EPOC, although I still prefer the coom suite on my MC218)

Anyway, I have finally 'toothed my J720 (Socket CF in PC Card adaptor with 120G drivers) and it would be great if I could transfer contacts between my phone and J720 by Bluetooth.

Whenever I try to do this from my phone the connection fails.

Is it possible to do this or am I trying in vain?

Regards
John
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 4:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

why not use a phone manager app? like mphone

i use that to synch the phonebook (with contacts)..
 Top of the page
zacnici Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 3:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you once again. Yep that's logical really. I just assumed that when these devices and software were created that the developers would include these utilities.

Once again thank you.

Regards
John
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 9:24 AM
#
Zacnici, theres several apps that you can use, mphone is one of them, another is derdack mobile messenger and the last is sunnysoft gsm messenger. Give them a try. I wished the Jxxs could link with phones using built in apps like EPOC machines but they don't...

Top of the page
zacnici Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 9:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I know, my Ericsson MC218 (Psion 5MX Clone) had a nifty app for synching contacts between phone and PDA. It is just such a bind having to spend hours 'going around the houses' as we say in the UK trying to get things to work but satisfying when it actually happens.

I moaned for years on NG's about pocketword being crap and dropped wince in favour of epoc (I stiil love the comms suite on the MC218 and what a fantastic fax!) until the boys and girls at Softmaker rolled out Textmaker. If that had been out from day 1 HPC would still be a driving force. Still its fun being a select little club. I use my J720 for 95% of all my emails, the other 5% being split bewteem my desktop and SE K700i.

Regards
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 5:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm yes its nice in the mc218 / 5mx to be able to send sms's out of the box. the mc218 even has a phone app for old ericsson phones i never tried it as i didnt have an ericsson at that time. (i think 5mx doesnt have anything of this kind at all)

so i still had to install the zenobyte phonemanager... the builtin basic functionality wasnt enough for me
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.150 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11