x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

QMail3 and IMAP4 connection

henecle
henecle Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 10:21 PM
#
Anyone have any luck in creating an IMAP account using Qmail3? It seems like the SSL radio buttons are always grayed out for me. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Leif
 Top of the page
blalond
blalond Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 12:26 PM
#
Hi Leif,

I use Qmail3 on my Jornada 720 for my IMAP account with umich.edu (it requires a SSL connection). It works well.

Are you talking about the SSL radio button on the Detail tab of the Account Property settings? I think if you just put libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll into the same folder as your q3u.exe then you'll be OK.

You can get these extra .dll files for SSL at the bottom of this page:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fq3.snak.org%2fdownload%2f

This is another page in english that explains some things about qmail3, but not exactly SSL and IMAP.
http://www.azol.ru/texts/QMail3_eng_FAQ.htm

Does this help?

-Brian

Top of the page
henecle
henecle Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 5:39 PM
#
Thanks... I've now got the button functionality available. Still no luck connecting through IMAP4, I need to connect to a IMAP 995 and SMTP 465 for this site. Other regular PoP3 site works just fine using QMail3. Anyone tried this before? Thanks.

Leif
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 7:01 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm also trying to get this program set up w/a SSL IMAP account, and not having luck. It doesn't give an error message, just "synchronizes" but doesn't find any mail.
 Top of the page
weblacky Page Icon Posted 2006-07-28 2:27 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'm trying the suggestions from this page right now:

http://q3.snak.org/bts/guest.cgi?project=Q3&action=view_report&id=881&s=1

I think the ca.pem one will work. I'll let you know...

UPDATE: Worked...drop your cert in pem format into you email folder/security/

-Weblacky

Edited by weblacky 2006-07-28 2:34 AM
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-29 8:16 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

THANK YOU, Weblacky!!!

I've been looking for this information for months and months. Making Qmail3 accept unsigned certificates has made it work with my accounts!

Of course, it's preferable to have the proper certificates in the ca.pem file, but when I tried putting more than one in there it didn't work (gmail now requires one for sending and a different one for receiving). But I can play around with that later, for the first time, IT WORKS!!
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-03 4:20 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

D'oh! Spoke too soon. Incoming mail works, but outgoing doesn't. Is there a different option to disable checking the outgoing SMTP certificate?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-03 11:19 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

doh, i thought you tried the ca.pem before
anyway i did hear reports that it stopped working for outgoing mail i tried it recently again and indeed it did someone claimed that if you try another similar certificate (he said it on this forum, or in ppcmag.com nec mobilepro section, his forum name is thetiptonian) it will work for outgoing mail. just uncomfortable to change it all the time..
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-03 7:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Believe me, I have tried everything under the sun in ca.pem

Right now I am trying to get this to work with the IMAP mail at my university, not Gmail. I have downloaded their CA security certificate and put it in there to no avail. It only started working with the above setting to turn off authentication, but I believe that only works for incoming SSL, not outgoing SMTP. There must be another setting for SMTP, but I can't read/write japanese to ask!
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-07 6:25 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Update: I got it to send properly! Turns off that setting works for both SMTP and SSL, I just had to manually create an outgoing mailbox locally on the HPC.

Boy, this program is really difficult to figure out with no english documentation. Perhaps we should start a faq for it or something?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10