x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

mmarks Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 4:01 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Has anyone tried to use the new Globalsat SD-502 (SDIO GPS with 512MB RAM built in), their web site states ce.net compatability and it (if it works) make the PHH a great GPS device. Already TomTom 5 runs on it, but of course we cannot use a memory card & GPS card at the same time (unless this works).

M
 Top of the page
Wouter Plaatsman
Wouter Plaatsman Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 6:02 AM
#
Hi,

I have no experience with that model. I am using another Globalsat product, the BC 337 compact flash gps on my netBook Pro. This gps works fine, for use with TomTom it doesnt need a driver (it makes an extra virtual com port on your handheld, if you set tomtom to use this com port the device works).

Greetings,

Wouter
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 11:02 PM
#
H/PC Elder

It's nice to know your CF GPS works without driver. However, whereas CF is a system bus which can easily add a COM port to the system, I don't think it's the same for an SDIO accessory.

There are drivers on the website for the SDIO adapter, I would suggest trying to install it first.
http://www.globalsat.com.tw/english/download.php?level_id=3
If it fails, well you can be pretty sure it won't work. But if it installs OK, there is still a chance it will work. However there's only one way to find out - somebody has to try it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 1:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i thought the sdio could add a com port too, but i dont know too much about this gps stuff... why arent they the same?
sure you need software to support sdio and not just sd, but still ..
 Top of the page
Pieter
Pieter Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 9:34 AM
#
Wouter,

Ben jij degene die bij Bever Alkmaar heeft gewerkt? Wij hebben dan m.b.t. expeditie over IJsgrenzen samengewerkt. Ik zou graag jouw contactgegevens hebben, heb namelijk een vraag voor je.
Mail even op info@overzoutgrenzen.nl

Brgds, Pieter
 Top of the page
TheCh0rt Page Icon Posted 2006-07-21 10:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

From what I know reading about Palm based PDAs, SDIO requires a compatible slot. It isn't just software but hardware as well. I don't think you can run an SDIO anything in just a plain SD slot. I may be wrong but chances are I'm right

http://www.scansmart.com/catalog/pda-scanner.asp?1153479627000

Down in a bulleted section you can find "Supported in Pocket PC devices with SDIO Card slots. IMPORTANT: All SD Card slots support memory cards, but not all SD Card slots support I/O (Input/Output) cards."

EDIT - sorry to bump the thread - never looked at the dates on there but saw it in the recently replied to box. Chances are you figured this out already.

Edited by TheCh0rt 2006-07-21 10:59 AM
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-08-29 1:14 PM
#
Hello mmarks,

I have been trying to get TomTom 5 working on my Simpad SL4 for a long time now with no success. Can you confirm that you have CE 4.1 on your PHH please? I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me which versions of aygshell, mfcce300, olece300 & doclist you use. If you are not sure then the file size should be enough.

Many thanks.

Ade Price
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2006-08-29 1:32 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I can't tell you which versions I used - I followed the link on this forum. I simply installed it.
for those thinking this is illegal - I own TomTom and couldn't get it to work on my PHH, so as far as I am concerned this link 'fixed' my product.

Biggest issue is that I now own a bluetooth GPs unit which is of no use to me as I cannot add both bluetooth and memory at the same time, hence my questions regarding the SD-502.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 27