x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Lightwedge for lighting up your books!

Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 9:37 AM
#
H/PC Elder

http://www.lightwedge.net/

This is pretty cool. Basically the same frontlighting technology, except for books!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 2:11 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I always wondered why no one ever made those for the Game Boys...

Seriously, having a beam reflected into your face just makes things worse!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 7:15 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2006-02-11 12:11 AM

I always wondered why no one ever made those for the Game Boys...

Seriously, having a beam reflected into your face just makes things worse!

Reflected into your face? This thingie directs the light into the book, brightening the book, not the face. Of course the reflected diffused light from the book is seen by the eyes ...

seriously I have no idea what you are referring to ...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 2:25 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Lol, you never had dark gameboy experiences?

They had these annoying little lights accessories, that would be a little led shining down on the screen. Of course, that caused a reflection, and you saw the bulb when you played. It made things very annoying.

Now, if they used the lightwedge method, there would not be any reflection, and I would have been a happier gamer.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 4:58 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah that really brings back a lot of weird experiences. I always wondered about such a light too. But keep in mind, what works for paper might not work for the GB screen at all.

It was better when they made the first GBA SP, which plays all games. But that frontlight made everything blue, so the colors were washed out. And then recently they updated the GBA SP with a backlit screen, which is perfect, and I bought one. It's the only backlit GB that plays old 8-bit games. I took some pictures of it running the original Tennis (sorry for the flash), and the GBA game Warioland 4.

(tennis.JPG)

(wario4.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments tennis.JPG (35KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments wario4.JPG (33KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 8:11 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

and £20, not bad. I know a few people who could genuinely benefit from such a device due to failing eyesight and/or contrast difficulties.

I would imagine that it would become annoying having to move the device with every page turn - nothing like ruining the flow of the text.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 9:30 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2006-02-12 12:25 AM

Lol, you never had dark gameboy experiences?

They had these annoying little lights accessories, that would be a little led shining down on the screen. Of course, that caused a reflection, and you saw the bulb when you played. It made things very annoying.

Now, if they used the lightwedge method, there would not be any reflection, and I would have been a happier gamer.

oh gee ... now it makes sense! ... ya, I never had a gameboy for that matter! hahaha ... matter of fact, never officially owned a handheld gaming device. I was more into writing games, than playing games!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9