x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Not hardware, but waiting for a train! (Open TTD on any handheld possible?)

Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 12:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I know, I have been asking questions. I had a quick go (Not really bothered about trying out different file, as I don't know which ones I need.). Anyway, I tried Open TTD (Which those that know what TTD means, will known what I am talking about, for those that don't, it was an old DOS game that was and still is VERY popular! Known as "Transport Tycoon Deluxe.) on my handheld, it refused to open. Last time I tried it on my iPAQ, causing me to upgrade the OS, it did the same. The developers have stated that it only works on WM2003, if I recall correctly, that would be CE4.2. Now, with this in mind, it means now that I need yet another handheld, the Mobile Pro 900C (dreams!).

But would there be anyway of making it run on CE3 or be it HPC2000? I am not sure if the source is available yet, but if so, how easy would it be to compile the program for:
A) CE2.11/CE3 MIPS?
B) CE3 ARM?
is there anything I need to be careful of?
Or would to the DOS version work on Pocket DOS? (I still need mouse drivers for the touch screen).
Anyone want to try, the program is here. Interestingly, I tried it on my iPAQ and it crashes, it probably means that the processor is incompatible, considering that most CE4.2 are now Xscale processors.

The program is available here. It doesn't seem to of lost functionablity.
http://www.esoftinteractive.com/openttd.html
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 2:40 PM
#
I played OpenTTD on my Axim pretty extensively and it's a great game, if still in something of a beta stage.

Looks like it should run on most anything with an ARM/Xscale CPU - whether you could get it running on less than WM2003/whatever version of PalmOS the Zodiac runs on would be interesting - the sources are on the site so you're certainly welcome to try to do it the hard way
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 5:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to HPC General
Why have you posted this in Hardware?

You wont get this running on 2.11, it is calling GAPI.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9