x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Battery benchmarking for all HPC's!

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 3:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it would be a very good idea to try and test the battery life of as many hpc's as we can

we should agree on a testing method first, personally i think C:Amie's suggestion or something similar is quite good: a certain video in a certain version of tcpmp at full backlight/screen brightness. until the unit turns off. of course battery should be *fully* charged at the start. use a battery meter program to measure the time, for example gsbattmon, this works on everything from CE 2.0.

wlan would be a good idea too but different wifi cards have different power consumption... so no

i can test all the units you see in my signature, but it would be nice to have benchmarks from others on the same unit too!!

important: if you have an idea of how old the battery is, please include that information as well..

this is for colour units but would be interesting to see BW unit's results. but tcpmp doesn't really run on CE 2 so we need some other video app for them, wodeon?

(this thread is continued from http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3483&posts=4#M31734 )

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-12 3:47 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-14 10:01 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

heck, no one interested?

anyway, i'll post my benchmarks this week, maybe that will generate some sort of slight interest
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-14 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

lets make this become the first great project on the new server! please please people

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-14 3:48 PM
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-14 11:38 PM
#
Does gsbatt run on everything?
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 1:03 AM
#
I'll donate my J728 for this cmon.... But will Betaplayer suffice?? And what test video you wanna use??
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 11:24 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm in but I have the same question. Which video and where can I find it?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 11:49 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

glad to see interest

we'll (C:Amie, PocketDVD) convert a video and upload it somewhere..

gsbatmon: i checked it out and i remembered incorrectly, it runs only 2.11 and higher. for CE 1.0 and 2.0 i can recommend batterystate or mytools.

edit: alfabob, how did you mean the bit about betaplayer?
tcpmp 0.71 (latest version) should be used, for MIPS the older versions aren't any good anyway.

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-15 11:58 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8