x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP620LX, Windows CE 2.0 and 3Com Megahertz 3CCFE574BT PCMCIA LAN card - all compatible?

Britty
Britty Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 6:46 AM
#
I posted this on the hardware support forum but I will try here as well. I hope no one minds.

I have been having trouble trying to source any of the PCMCIA Ethernet adaptors listed in the HCL to network my HP620LX but I am finding the 3Com Megahertz 3CCFE574BT model to be readily available in my part of the world.

I realise this model isn't listed on the HCL but I don't know if that is because it isn't compatible to begin with, or because no one has actually reported any results.

I would like to know if anyone has tried this card with 620LX and found it to be a success or a failure before I commit?

Thanks in advance.

B.
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 10:16 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

No. The 3CCFE574BT is not CE compatible - no CE drivers are available on the 3com website (I just checked).

Upon research it is reported that the 3CCFE574BT uses the same chip as the (desktop) 3c905, while the CE-compatible 3c589 series used the same chipset as the (desktop) 3c509. The 3c509 was a older series and therefore some level of CE compatibility (WinCE2.11 only) was built because the chip was very common.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 12:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i had to delete the other thread as it was exactly the same text etc. etc.
do not double post in the future, please
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 12:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I concur, the adapter seems to offer no hope of CE support, and generally speaking doesn't even seem to offer XP support. 3Com seem to imply that they don't think you should try it on XP.

You'd be better off trying to find a simple NE2000 adapter. There are a few suggestions on the forum. Have a search for "NE2000".
 Top of the page
Britty
Britty Page Icon Posted 2006-02-14 5:52 AM
#
Thank you for the replies.

Sorry for the double post, I wasn't sure if it was purely a hardware issue or a Windows CE issue, so I tried both forums.

Your answers seem pretty final, I won't commit to a Megahertz card of this model.

Will try to source a NE2000 compat card. Problem is where I live compatible cards aren't readily available, even on local ebay. I may have to source one internationally.

But thanks again for the advice, much appreciated.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 28