x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 11:04 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Keeping in mind that I know next-to-diddly about ftp, is it possible to directly connect two handheld devices via infrared and ftp for the pupose of exhanging files? Or must there be an internet connection between them?

Jake
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 1:56 PM
#
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 2:06 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks for the tip, but I've already looked at IRCopy, EZObex, and Total Commander. I'm trying to connect a Psion and a CE 2.0 device, and despite the presence of IROBEX drivers on both devices, I have not found an IR program that works.

So I was pondering an ftp connection.

Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 2:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I think the key is getting the connection established. Then you should be able to send a file and receive one without problem. I know that in the past I established an infrared connection via serial port and using xmodem or zmodem was able to send and receive files between my old Pent 1 laptop and a Mobilepro 770.

I'm think it would be easier to save the file to a CF card though (maybe using a pcmcia adapter on a laptop and trade files that way.

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 3:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2006-02-13 8:34 PM

I think the key is getting the connection established. Then you should be able to send a file and receive one without problem. I know that in the past I established an infrared connection via serial port and using xmodem or zmodem was able to send and receive files between my old Pent 1 laptop and a Mobilepro 770.

I'm think it would be easier to save the file to a CF card though (maybe using a pcmcia adapter on a laptop and trade files that way.

his velo 1 does not have the vmodule

so it is really important to find a solution!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 4:31 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's feasably possible to do it, however to my knowledge the CE device doesn't come with a method of accepting PPP connections over IR. You would have to write some sort of application to make the TCP/IP connection.

CE does support IrLAN, but I forget which version it was enabled in. I have a feeling that it was 2.10...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 5:05 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yeah, I didn't think it was going to be easy, and I don't have the programming skills to pull off Chris's suggestion. Too bad--it's the only problem with my Velo 1. Psion can send files over IROBEX to the Velo, but can't receive the same from Total Commander 2.0

Yet Total Commander on my J-720 sends/receives just fine with the Psion. I have a lengthy correspondence with Christian, author of TC, but to no avail

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8