x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problems with nPOP (v1.01)

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 8:02 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

erm, if you dont need smtp auth and ssl, the builtin email app works just fine in my experience..

you can check out qmail3 if you need those, iirc it does have a ce2 version (didnt try it on ce2 though)

Edited by cmonex 2006-04-19 8:03 AM
 Top of the page
Britty
Britty Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 10:00 AM
#
cmonex - 2006-04-19 11:02 PM

erm, if you dont need smtp auth and ssl, the builtin email app works just fine in my experience..

you can check out qmail3 if you need those, iirc it does have a ce2 version (didnt try it on ce2 though)

Do you mean Pocket Outlook Inbox? I tried to get that to work, but when I set up a mail service the drop down list for what sort of connection I want to use doesn't include Network or LAN or something similar like nPOP or Activesync does. I am limited to options like dial up or IR which I tried and they work fine.

How did you get yours to work through a LAN?

Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 1:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I can connect wirelessly with Pocket Outlook Inbox to Earthlink, AOL, and hotPOP--obviously, I can't send since all those ISPs need SMTP-authentication. Don't worry about choosing a connection--PO will default to the wireless connection, regardless of what menu choice you've made.

I still don't understand why you can't send smtp-authenticated email wirelessly through npop 1.06 and CE 2.0. I can send AOL, Earthlink, and hotPOP from my Sharp Mobilon 4100, a wireless router, and an Orinoco Classic Gold card.

hotPOP has recently gone smtp-autheticated, and they're free. You could try setting that up on your CE 2.0 device/npop/wireless and see what happens. If it doesn't work, I'd be willing to try your specs--you could send me everything about your email, including password, I could try them out on the Mobilon, and then you could change your password afterwards.

Just a thought,
Jake
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8