x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Now a Linux user :)

1 2
Jazz Page Icon Posted 2006-02-16 11:00 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

In my experience straight Kubuntu has always been somewhat broken. I found it much more satisfactory to install "normal" Ubuntu and subsequently install KDE via apt (Synaptic, actually).

It's a bit more of a hassle, but the ensuing system is very stable and feels a lot faster than Kubuntu. Why, I do not know.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-16 1:02 PM
#
Maybe the older versions - but this one seems to work excellently. Its fast and complete.
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-16 1:24 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

abyssknight - 2006-02-16 1:31 PM

Wessex: iBooks rock. Let me know if you need a hand with it.

Yeah, the only reason I maybe getting one (apart from beta testing a program), is because they are soo much lighter to carry than the Clevo lappop. Oh and I used them at college. Don't network one though!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-16 9:26 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Anything that starts with part of a window manager in their name (such as K or G) probably is not very good. Distributions should not be based around window managers, they should be based around a solid Linux system.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 9:09 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Update: Sorry people, but since I got Windows XP Home Edition running again, I see no need for Linux...

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-03-10 9:11 AM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.189 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10