x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

S3 has conked out!

tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2006-02-14 11:28 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the S3? I have charged the S3 for 6 hr during the night...This morning the unit felt warm when I took off the plug. I did not switch it on until now. It cannot be turned on. I tried using the soft reset button the NTT Docomo screen came up and then the unit turns off again. I am unable to power it up!

I have noticed the LCD has darkened on the left side though. I hope this is not what I think!

I am devastated....actually thats an understatement... Would appreciate if someone has experienced it and have a solution to this... Oh boy!

Edited by tech_girl 2006-02-14 11:34 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 8:36 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

did you hard reset?? i dont see you mentioning hard resetting it may be just a software thing (as it can power on and gets stuck at the initial ntt docomo screen) and a hard reset will then solve it.

hmmm how do you mean it turns off again? not sure ... does it power off automatically & immediately when you power it up? can't it be turned on without battery & on AC?

how much darkening?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 8:57 AM
#
H/PC Elder

You can also try removing the battery and try running it off ac to see if the batt connector is crazy or something.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 9:32 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes she tried that (we talked on yahoo messenger). nothing helped.. also, she told me it gets warm with the battery in place. any ideas?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 11:18 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Warm usually tells me something is shorting out. Maybe there's a bad cell in the pack.
 Top of the page
tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 8:25 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

As I was telling Cmonex, running on ac doesnt help and it was emitting a dull sound latst night ... Then somehow it managed to power up. The sound stops. I can see that the S3 is back to the orginal state. However it doesnt respond to commands or taps...basically it hung. I tried with two batteries...both dont work.

Edited by tech_girl 2006-02-15 8:28 PM
 Top of the page
tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 10:17 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Its official...my S3 is dead! Just received the call from the shop. Apparently it was a power surge that did it! They said it could be repaired but not worth the money as i have to change something inside...the motherboard or something. I will have a more specific answer when I collect it.

Anyone has S3 to sell?

Edited by tech_girl 2006-03-03 10:17 PM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 2:06 AM
#
H/PC Elder

conics.net
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9