x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE 2.0 compatable messanger service?

Bobert
Bobert Page Icon Posted 2004-12-25 3:20 PM
#
So my dad got me this 620LX for Christmas, it's pretty sweet if I do say so myself. But for around the house with a wireless interface card I'm wanting a messanger capability. Does anyone know of any such messanger service that would work with CE2.0 and would be able to chat to AIM/AOL users?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-27 4:57 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

How about trying AIM? (There is a CE version, and I don't know where there is a CE 2.0 version as I used it on my old compaq.

-Will someone finally tell me what model my old black and white 8mb 75mhz compaq hpc was?! hehe
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2004-12-30 7:59 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

OK, going to jump on the bandwagon here, since I'm looking to add AIM to my 360LX, and my GF's dad just picked up a 620LX, and is looking to do similar.

The version of AIM I found runs on CE 3.0 and later only, and I haven't found any versions from AOL that run on older machines.

Meanwhile, the best bet I'd found was from mov Software, with their imov Messenger, which, like Trillian, could handle multiple instant messaging providers. It installed just fine on my machine, but I get the infamous "Fatal Application Error" when I try running it (Program: imov.exe ; Exception: 0xc000001c ; Address: 800127fa).

No idea on other messenger clients, as that's the only one I've found that'll install onto a CE 2.0 HPC.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-30 9:36 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Try searching google for aim ce 2.0 - its there, you can find it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 8:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

iMov is a useful application, however is only for HPC Pro and above.
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 12:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ProgramSynthesiser - 2004-12-30 6:36 PM

Try searching google for aim ce 2.0 - its there, you can find it.

All the searches I've done along those lines return AOL Instant Messaging ver 2.0 for Windows CE, which supports CE 2.11 and later (note that Pocket PC 2002 has a separate version of AIM 2.0, which I've got running on an iPAQ 1945). Full versions of AOL are similar, with CE 2.11 or later support only.

If there was a version of AOL or AIM prior to 2.0 for Windows CE, I haven't seen anyone still offering it out there, and couldn't find any mention of it on AOL's site or Handango.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 2:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

*Sigh* My archives from CE 2.0 were accidentally deleted in a poor transfer a few years ago, and www.cearchives.com does not seem to have it anymore, and I think that is where I had gotten it. I'll post the link if I manage to find it.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12