x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Screen Protection for Netbook Pro

Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-02-16 1:49 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I purchased a used Netbook Pro, recently. It has a beautiful, pristine screen with not a scratch on it. I would like to keep it that way. Does anyone have any suggestions as to screen protection options? I saw that expansys may carry some protectors, but I also saw comments that the protectors are meant for the original Netbook and not the pro. Could I get a protector for a larger screen and cut it down to size? Any recommendations (especially ones that come from experience)?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 1:31 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Bueller? Bueller?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 4:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I've had my SmartBook G138 for so long and I still haven't found a reasonably priced solution Fortunately I have always been careful and there is no scratches so far (touch wood!).

I heard some laptop screen protectors go for $25 and big enough for any screen, so maybe I'll take the plunge one day.
 Top of the page
AndiF
AndiF Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 1:06 PM
#
Im using my NB Pro for over a year, without screen protection and with no scratch.
Its the same with my iPaq 2210. I never needed any additional protection.

Andreas
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 2:56 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I definitely need the protection. I am not well known for pampering my equipment. Part of my reason for getting interested in the HPC form factor is that I have managed to destroy almost every laptop I have owned. HPCs were cheaper and fullfilled most of my mobile computing needs.

I should probably consider keyboard protection as well. I once spilled a glass of eggnog into a keyboard and it was never the same...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 6:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

keyb protection: i really recommend image911!! they have a lot of skins for sale on ebay. virtually for every hpc.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 9:25 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Except the SmartBook
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 8:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh.. really? try to request a skin for the smartbook too! they may consider it..?
 Top of the page
ozone Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 8:46 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Sorry... late to this thread... try NuShield. I wanted some screen protection for my Intermec and they didn't have any in stock, but were willing to cut for me... and so I now have some. I think the SmartBook and 6651 are pretty close in size. Won't be cheap though...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10