x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-02-16 9:33 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi all,

After trying on and off with the 3COM 3CRSHPW196 xjack card with my J720, I finally decide to give it up. Tried aygshell.dll (or whatever name it is) and then realised that it causes CE-Star's input panel to disappear!

Looking to exchange this card with a wifi pccard that has native HPC2000 drivers. I'm a bit tired of having to tweak and try out different dlls to get wifi working again.

Anyone with a wifi pccard with native HPC2000 drivers and like to swap for the above card, post or pm. Thanks!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 9:28 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I will swap with a CF wifi card as well. ...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 2:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hmm, interesting... I do have a Linksys WCF12 sitting around doing squat. But I might use it for my next HPC, so I'll get back to you next week or so.

I might want that xjack WiFi card for my Sony Picturebook But then again it sticks out so much when it's in use...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 11:53 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Sorry Snappy! I forgot to get back to you. As you can guess from the lack of response, I decided to keep my WCF12. It has proven to be very reliable, high performance, feature-rich, and flexible - working with all my HPCs, Casio PPC, and Win98 and XP laptops too. So I'd keep it as my backup WiFi card, even if it's doing nothing. Hope you find someone else to trade with.

Bump for you though

PS Have you tried Monster Chinese? They have HPC2000 version. A lot of people said that CE Star is not very efficient. On the other hand it might be possible to hack the 3COM driver to use a different name for AYGSHELL so it doesn't conflict with anything.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8