x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Internet Explorer won't display tables

islisis
islisis Page Icon Posted 2004-12-26 5:09 AM
#
Hi, a large number of web sites won't display properly on my Jornada 720 (slashdot, arghhh!). I have read the the article from Knowledge Base "Cannot View Tables in Web Sites Using Pocket Internet Explorer". (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q177984/). Are there instructions on solving the problem on Windows CE 3.0 for the Handheld PC running Internet Explorer version 4.01? There is no "Fit to window" option available from the Internet Explorer view menu nor from the options window. On my Jornada 720 www.slashdot.org will not display any article text, just the margins, and similar symptoms come up in sites such as ebay and google
from the browser as a result.

Is there a registry setting or a patch that could alleviate this problem? Thanks!!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-26 10:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It loads up find on my device.
The key associated with the make page fit is
HKCU\software\Apps\PocketIE
MakeFit

However it doesn't have any effect on PIE under HPC2000. It was removed in 3 and put back in 4 for some reason.
Have you tried to load any plugins on the device, flash for example.
Tried a soft reset?

(slashdot-720.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments slashdot-720.gif (14KB - 128 downloads)
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2004-12-26 3:08 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I was curious about what I read here and tested both sides mentioned in the original message. I see more or less everything (as seen on the screenshot posted in previous reply). The only thing I can't see are some commercials. Belive me, I don't care much about....

I tweaked my IE to believe the sites it is version 5.5 or 6. Maybe this is the reason. Well, I noticed that I have problems reading the Yahoo home page (but not Yahoo Mail or other pages). If I remember correctly, when I first accessed Yahoo, everything was fine. I need to un-tweak it and check the site again.
 Top of the page
islisis
islisis Page Icon Posted 2004-12-27 1:14 AM
#
thank-you so much for the response and screeny! that would explain why there is so little information on my problem. the only software i can think of which might have affected IE is ce-edit, since it added some text encoding options, but still... perplexing, even if i know at least the my jornada 720 is capable of loading slashdot

you are right about the registry setting, it doesn't seem to affect hpc internet explorer
 Top of the page
islisis
islisis Page Icon Posted 2004-12-27 6:46 AM
#
'kay, solved the conflict! did a hard reset, compared registries, and it seems there was a fontlink problem:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FontLink\SystemLink

here ce-edit had routed some names to a font installed by the software and IE did not like it. some sites wouldn't even load because off this conflict.

instead i linked the font names to a different font file and it's time for me to reinstall all of my wince programs

thanks everyone
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2004-12-29 1:39 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yesterday I was playing with some settings and I did an installation form scratch with many backups...

So, I had a chance to check the setting I mentioned above. IE displays Yahoo main page correctly if kept untouched (IE 4). As soon as you tweak it to pretend being IE 5.5 or IE 6, the page is corrupted. Obviously the site is browser sensitive and delivers different contents to different browsers. Good news is, that Tweaks2k2 do the job and you don't have to restart Jornada to accept changes
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10