x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

re Using progs on another PC via a J 720

Parrot Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 5:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi guys,
I may be clutching at straws here but I am trying to find a way to get useable version of MSN Messenger on my Jornada 720.
I have tried all sorts of combinations with imov with no success.
My next thought was to use the wireless network to access the MSN Messenger prog on my main PC from the Jornada.
Is this possible?
Could some kind soul tell me how to even view the files and progs on the main PC from the Jornada?
Cheers,
Steve
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 6:05 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Google for msportrait. It works fine for MSN chatting, it lacks some features but chats just fine/
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 7:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As wallythacker says, give Portrait a go.

However you can use VNC or, if you have XP Pro / Windows Server you can use the terminal server client (considerably faster than VNC).
There are comprehensive guides on both (termnal server is called RDP/Remote Desktop) in the support section.

If you have any problems, let us know.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 7:11 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

There are probably better methods, Portrait is only good for when talking to one person. But talk to more than one, and the window will switch to whoever im's you first, and you cannot switch back.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10